State of the Steelers

warfelg

16 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

the idea of a 2 RB system is good if they get the yards and it preserves their health. No need to go on about one being better than the other unless the coaches are trying to force the ball to the player and that player isn't getting the yards. 

more important is if we get 200 yards on the ground and 5+ ypc,  does it really matter  who is getting the yards?

to me , it was more of an issue pre Jones OL and the lacking of a legit run game. Then , you need whatever yards you can get and it makes more sense to get the player out there who will get that.

Going back to a run game offence and 200 yards a game will offer enough carries for both and also wear down the defences.  This is actually something to like  rather than try to tolerate

3 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Must be nice to fire an OC in the middle of the season.

but will their problems be fixed? I am skeptical about allen , seems TO prone and careless at times more than I would expect . I don't watch all their games though, but from what I have seen. 

still, they made a move, unlike some organizations. 

would you have fired canada last year and hired Bieniemy?

if this offence continues as it has, what are the chances that if no major changes are made (QB, OC) that this will affect UFA's willingness to sign here? Why would a player go to a team that is at best around .500 and not interested in winning /fixing problems?

32 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

if this offence continues as it has, what are the chances that if no major changes are made (QB, OC) that this will affect UFA's willingness to sign here? Why would a player go to a team that is at best around .500 and not interested in winning /fixing problems?

I consider these two questions as unrelated.

If Canada is still here it's low chances offensive UFA's would move.  I don't know about Kenny TBH.  I think it's a matter of what we're trying to get.

As for would a player for to a team at best .500?  I can tell you what changes that.  $$$$.  

I think we're going to have to over pay a FA or two this year if we want some of the higher end guys.  And we need it.  So I'm fully prepared to spend about 10-20% over what we feel a guy is worth just to get them in the door, even if we make some changes.

One think that I'm slightly hopeful for is that Khan seems to be more aggressive about solving issues than Colbert ever was.  On top of that in season, he's showing that he'll go after some name guys vets that are available rather than just mull over nobodies on someone else's practice squad.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Colts are releasing Shaquille Leonard.  I know he's coming off a ton of injuries but mannnnnnn I would take that shot.

if we were to get him, do we have to take on the rest of his contract? 

Current Dead Contracts

YEAR   BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS WORKOUT BONUS DEAD CAP HIT YEARLY CASH
2023 Player contract details by year $15,700,000 $4,000,000 - $19,970,000 $15,970,000($15,970,000)
2024 Player contract details by year - $8,000,000 - $8,000,000 -($15,970,000)

9 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

if we were to get him, do we have to take on the rest of his contract? 

Current Dead Contracts

YEAR   BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS WORKOUT BONUS DEAD CAP HIT YEARLY CASH
2023 Player contract details by year $15,700,000 $4,000,000 - $19,970,000 $15,970,000($15,970,000)
2024 Player contract details by year - $8,000,000 - $8,000,000 -($15,970,000)

We take on about 6 mil this year and no dead money after this year