State of the Steelers

warfelg

42 minutes ago, jebrick said:

The Eagles have a pair of former Centers playing OG at this point so they have in-house options.  Landon Dickerson played center at Bama at a high level and Cam Jurgens played center at Utah.

good points

then to realize , we could have moved Daniels to C to get cole off the field but of course didn't

15 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

good points

then to realize , we could have moved Daniels to C to get cole off the field but of course didn't

Because consistency on the Oline is better than just trying to shift people around.  The backup at OG might be worst than what you gain.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Because consistency on the Oline is better than just trying to shift people around.  The backup at OG might be worst than what you gain.

Amen. I tried preaching this a bunch with the whole OT situation. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Yea, and they can get a OG later in the draft to bump one of those guys over.  I think it’s total smoke screen to do that move.  I think they are looking at corner pretty heavily in this draft.  Bradberry sucked last year and Slay is in his mid-30’s.

The Eagles have to be looking for secondary help. They could not stop the pass last year, especially down the stretch. 

Just now, bigben07MVP said:

Then maybe they should just start players off at their best position in the first place. 

I don't disagree.

I look at the OL for example and see positional rigidity.  Chucks is now gone, but he played RT for so long that I think moving him over to LT might be an issue from familiarity issue.  Moore couldn't play RT at all and he's just a LT or OG if you try him there.  I get that inside they might like Cook and Anderson but I don't think they were ready for anything to be honest.  One was a 7th round pick and the other was a PS player before coming here. 

Inside Semualu is a LG, just like at the G position Daniels is better at RG.  Daniels best position might be C, and I would be curious as to why he isn't there more.  It looks like from PFF Daniels has less than 700 career snaps at C in the NFL.  The issue in season was Mason was the only pure C on the roster as they were trying to help Anderson learn the position.

So the change needed to happen in the preseason, with Jones at LT, Okorafor at RT, Moore as the swing IOL for G, Semu at LG, Daniels and Cole in a battle at C, and a battle for RG between Dodson, Herbig, Moore, Daniels and maybe Anderson.  And in reality if should have been an offseason with fixing some of the OT issues.

I'm also curious as to what more was going on inside the locker room with Chuks.  Everyone seems to insinuate that there was more than just his sideline outburst that got coaches and players in a sour place with him, yet rally around Pickens for similar outbursts.  

21 minutes ago, AFF said:

Najee’s 5th year option is officially at $6.8 mill…they’ll pick it up at that number.

I just hope they don’t plan on doing an extension.

I’d like to see them pick it up, and use that as GTD money to extend out a year or two with a little more attached. Sneaky thing to watch: IIRC Harris and Warren are FAs at the same time. 

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’d like to see them pick it up, and use that as GTD money to extend out a year or two with a little more attached. Sneaky thing to watch: IIRC Harris and Warren are FAs at the same time. 

Yea I know. 

Harris will have far more touches on him at that point(probably)…you can probably get 2 more years outta Warren due to less touches in college and the Steelers.