State of the Steelers

warfelg

40 minutes ago, AFF said:

Why would he be gone?

thats less than Trubisky original deal a few years ago 

I think he's going to get more than $5MM AAV from someone.  Keep in mind there are a fair number of teams in need of a backup this year.

19 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I have wanted to launch a baseball across the field and land it in a trash can ever since I was a little kid because of Tom Emanski.  

Don't give up on your dreams! 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I think he's going to get more than $5MM AAV from someone.  Keep in mind there are a fair number of teams in need of a backup this year.

Maybe…but I don’t think he’s going to get a decent shot at starting anywhere else.

I think Brissett got 1/$8 mill last year…so I’m guessing that’s his max.

1 minute ago, AFF said:

Maybe…but I don’t think he’s going to get a decent shot at starting anywhere else.

I could actually see where the Steelers are offering $5M, but he accepts less to go somewhere else. 

The dude was free last year to anyone. I'm not sure that three game run changed anyone's opinion of him. I just do wonder if the Steelers would have to pay a "premium" to get him to sign early though because of the way things went down the last 2 years. 

• Like 2

Bills turning a page. I think Allen is good enough to keep them afloat tho. they remind me of where the steelers were around 12/13 when they started to lose key guys from the SB teams

Edited by August4th

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

And Tre White… coming off an Achilles though.

Jesus, I would go after both.

Random aside here, because people talk about our coach searches, how an out this from Mike Silver:

Kyle [Shanahan’s] 16-day coordinator search summarized: Called Belichick.  Tried to get Spags.  Tried to pry Ulbrich from Jets.  Interviewed 2 outside minority candidates.  Promoted Sorensen and brought in Staley to freshen up the back end.

lots of corners being cut or placed on the trade block…

And maybe those on the trade block will eventually be cut. No excuse with the free agent and draft CB situation not to get a stud to pair with porter. 

Edited by rlon

Sean Bunting was also a pre draft visit several Years back and from what I know a solid CB2(someone correct me if I’m wrong)….and as I said before they like going back to those guys.

just a thought.