State of the Steelers

warfelg

17 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

is the WFT playoff record in recent decade any better? Who is trending up ?  WFT was  franchise that had problems according to many, not sure why he would go there for that alone. Maybe being part of a rebuild is what he wants. Free country still, so he has the choice.   

Not like it's a dome team or a nice weather state either. 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

is the WFT playoff record in recent decade any better? Who is trending up ?  WFT was  franchise that had problems according to many, not sure why he would go there for that alone. Maybe being part of a rebuild is what he wants. Free country still, so he has the choice.   

Not like it's a dome team or a nice weather state either. 

Yes, I found it quite strange. Plus, he was a player I liked to be that Joker type. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Yes, I found it quite strange. Plus, he was a player I liked to be that Joker type. 

My guess is that the Steelers offered more $$$ but over a 2-3 year deal.

Chinn took a 1 year deal probably in hopes of hitting the market again next offseason just under a better set of circumstances.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AFF said:

My guess is that the Steelers offered more $$$ but over a 2-3 year deal.

Chinn took a 1 year deal probably in hopes of hitting the market again next offseason just under a better set of circumstances.

That makes sense, then spinning it to sound like you REALLY wanted to be in Washington. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

That makes sense, then spinning it to sound like you REALLY wanted to be in Washington. 

I mean, what’s he supposed to do? Be like “hey Washington you aren’t really where I wanted to be, so playing here is kinda a consultation prize”

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I mean, what’s he supposed to do? Be like “hey Washington you aren’t really where I wanted to be, so playing here is kinda a consultation prize”

Of course not. But I also knew there was very little chance he'd rather be in Wash but I didn't understand why. I think @AFF's theory is prolly right.  

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

or he has family in Washington or it is close enough that he does not have to pull kids out of school or it was his favorite team growing up.

Maybe but he's from Indiana and DC isn't that close to NC. It'd be tough to live in Indiana during Manning's career and not be a Colts fan. I merely brought it up because I like what players like Chinn and Duggar can add and I was happy to see the Steelers at least tried to get him here. I've heard rumblings of Wilson running in Dime packages. I'm not sure if he could fill that role but I reckon it's possible. 

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Of course not. But I also knew there was very little chance he'd rather be in Wash but I didn't understand why. I think @AFF's theory is prolly right.  

It’s the most likely. It’s why Dupree didn’t want to come this year but in the opposite way. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

would he have been better than what we have? 

Elliot might have a good year, and in the process let Minkah play his proper FS role and lead the league in INT's

YES

I disagree that Chinn would have been better. He was really good his rookie year but has been declining some the last few years. Elliot wasn't great in Baltimore at first because they were trying to use him as a deep safety, then once he started to get used as a box safety things got better.

47 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s the most likely. It’s why Dupree didn’t want to come this year but in the opposite way. 

good that dupree never returned. Golden should though

28 minutes ago, warfelg said:

once he started to get used as a box safety things got better.

so then now Minkah can play FS and lead the league in INT's. This was a good move

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

good that dupree never returned. Golden should though

so then now Minkah can play FS and lead the league in INT's. This was a good move

Golden shouldn’t be back. By all reports Herbig has improved, and Moon and the others are fine as a 4th edge. At most you stay in touch with Golden in case someone gets injured. In reality he wasn’t that great last year, he just ate up snaps to keep guys healthy.