State of the Steelers

warfelg

some here have said that this team needs to have a few bad seasons to get better draft picks and rebuild.  While this in theory will yield better drafts and in turn possibly net a franchise QB, we have to wait and see. 

does anyone think this team will end up doing the above or will they stay near .529 and never get the higher draft picks?  

there are always a few really bad teams, I don't see this team as that. Even with some injuries, I can't see less than 5 wins

Two impressive things i learned today.

1) Scotty Miller had never practiced holding for FGs until Friday.

2) Tomlin, realized they did not have a backup holder, asked him to do it on Friday.

If Miller becomes the designated holder, wow.  That Tomlin realized that they needed to practice a backup holder.  Again, kudos.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Two impressive things i learned today.

1) Scotty Miller had never practiced holding for FGs until Friday.

2) Tomlin, realized they did not have a backup holder, asked him to do it on Friday.

If Miller becomes the designated holder, wow.  That Tomlin realized that they needed to practice a backup holder.  Again, kudos.

how don't they have this in place through camp and preseason?

Scotty also made a nice tackle on ST, so why not throw to him on offence a few times?

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Not much at NCB, though. I know Edmunds is supposed to help here, but I'll need to see it to believe it. 

I could be wrong but I feel like Edmunds being back might say more about what they believe might happen with our future safety depth than anything. He can back up both positions and should they, hypothetically, work out some sort of trade for a WR, it also makes Kazee expendable.

15 minutes ago, VigilantZombie said:

I could be wrong but I feel like Edmunds being back might say more about what they believe might happen with our future safety depth than anything. He can back up both positions and should they, hypothetically, work out some sort of trade for a WR, it also makes Kazee expendable.

I don’t think he’s a good option for FS.  I think they plan to play a lot of 3 safety nickel packages.  They have been trying to utilize it for a few season now but have lacked the depth.  I also think they may want to use Elliot as the nickel CB if Beanie can’t handle it.  Edmund allows them to do some things and be more flexible.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, VigilantZombie said:

h about move Rell to ILB  for some snaps to see how that goes, I think he could be a good fast ILB if allowed to scrape

Rell is a great signing, I doubt he has dropped off much too, so great depth here. The secondary will be a strength , hard to believe it finally has happened. First we got lucky with Porter, then the other players ended up being good too.

4 hours ago, rlon said:

Hard to really believe in anything after week one, not just with us, but many teams.

would be nice to have a 2 game lead in the division after 2 weeks, not something that happens often. Some are saying Burrow isn't healed and near as good as he is expected, and watson might be in trouble or even on the bench if he keeps playing like this. The AFCN might not be the toughest division already