2022 GDT Da Steelers 2-4 Visit the Miami Dolphins 3-3

Steeler Hitman

Just now, warfelg said:

Yes.  You think RB play has gotten better?

God no, I am very much more concerned that you would rather elevate a very unqualified person who you acknowledge is bad at their subordinate job as the leader of our very young offense for the rest of the year. 

You wanna get rid of Faulkner, be my guest. You want to sabotage the offense by putting him at OC just for the purpose of firing him later in hopes of a Mike Sullivan return.....I would run as far away from that opinion as I could just to not be associated with it by proximity. 

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

God no, I am very much more concerned that you would rather elevate a very unqualified person who you acknowledge is bad at their subordinate job as the leader of our very young offense for the rest of the year. 

You wanna get rid of Faulkner, be my guest. You want to sabotage the offense by putting him at OC just for the purpose of firing him later in hopes of a Mike Sullivan return.....I would run as far away from that opinion as I could just to not be associated with it by proximity. 

I don't think you guys are talking about the same things. I think what @warfelgis saying is if you're going to fire Canada, then you should fire Sullivan too and put in Faulkner. Nobody wants to fire Sullivan and then hire him back at the end of the year. I'm not sure where you got that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I feel like Sullivan's lack of success means changing out one OC with scoring problems for another.  If you want super different then go Faulkner.  Best case he surprises you and the offense changes.  Worst case you bring in someone else anyways.  I think with Sullivan your best case is keeping the same voice in Picketts ear, with the worst case being you derailed his career.  I went back on my flight at some stuff from Sullivan's OC years, and I'm not encouraged at all TBH.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think you guys are talking about the same things. I think what @warfelgis saying is if you're going to fire Canada, then you should fire Sullivan too and put in Faulkner. Nobody wants to fire Sullivan and then hire him back at the end of the year. I'm not sure where you got that. 

More if you are going to use Sullivan as a lame duck OC, you'll lose someone with a good track record as a QB coach for sure, so just cut bait with both then.  If you think Sullivan is a longer term solution at QB Coach then you don't take that risk and you just put Faulkner in there.  If you don't think he is the longer term solution there; then don't bother with him as the play caller because he isn't an OC solution either.

15 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Nobody wants to fire Sullivan and then hire him back at the end of the year. I'm not sure where you got that. 

Where did this come from? I, personally, wouldn't bring Sullivan back, but I am not firing him mid-season. We need a new OC in 2023, who likely wants his own staff. We should also very much welcome a new staff after the last 4 years.  

If your plan is to elevate Faulker to OC in hopes to keep Mike Sullivan....that's...I'm sorry, but that's just dumb. 

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I feel like Sullivan's lack of success means changing out one OC with scoring problems for another.  If you want super different then go Faulkner.  Best case he surprises you and the offense changes.  Worst case you bring in someone else anyways.  I think with Sullivan your best case is keeping the same voice in Picketts ear, with the worst case being you derailed his career.  I went back on my flight at some stuff from Sullivan's OC years, and I'm not encouraged at all TBH.

Changing any coordinator mid-season is swapping one problem for another. I don't want super different. Super different is not good at this stage with a rookie QB and a young team. You can't reinvent the wheel mid-season. Sullivan (or whoever) isn't going to scrap the offense that has been in the works for 4 months over 10 weeks, but they can emphasis different things or bring a different perspective (an actual NFL one) to the play calling. Sullivan is at least stability, Faulker is an under qualified wildcard. 

The best/worst case scenarios you lay out are completely disingenuous. Mike Sullivan (a guy with actual NFL experience as an OC and 16 years in the league) is derailing Kenny's career but Faulker's worst is "eh, we will get someone else anyway". Come on, man. 

I don't know guys. I am just kinda shocked at the thought process here. You are exposing your king for the sake of a pawn. And you are doing it at the expense of your young teams growth. Mike Sullivan was out of the league in 2019 and with Army in 2020. His entire career revolves around Eli Manning. He isn't going anywhere if you offer him play calling and wanted to put him back at the position you hired him for next year. 

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

You should look into the reasoning as to why with a statement like this. 

If it's anything other than "because no one in the NFL wanted him" I welcome the enlightenment. Because twitter doesn't provide anything. 

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also never said completely change everything.  Or super different.  

Guess I just made it up. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

If you want super different then go Faulkner.

Nope. 

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

instead give it to a guy you think has failed because you want to ditch him anyways? Talk about no sense. 

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

If we’re going to put a fall guy in at OC I rather put in the guy who 100% shouldn’t have his job because play has gotten worse under him. 

Edited by Dcash4

8 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

If it's anything other than "because no one in the NFL wanted him" I welcome the enlightenment. Because twitter doesn't provide anything. 

He was released by Vic Fangio after most other staffs has been put together, then in 2020 he chose to work for Army with that job because he was an Army Officer.