2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Put some respect on our name, lmao. I legit watch every game expecting us to regress into a terrible team but it just isn't happening.

I mean they are a well coached team but we know how the season will end for them. The fact that will make the playoffs or be in the hunt for the playoffs is a huge success.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LeBron is clearly just there to break the scoring record. If they did decide to trade him I'm just not sure what they'd get back because of his cap hit, age, and the fact it'd be a one year rental for whoever trades for him.

I mean he has been on the physical decline for a few years now and now it takes him longer to recover and his play dips when he is dealing with something. Nothing he can do about it. Dude is playing in his 20th season after logging in the most total minutes in the history. It happens and is expected but that's why the Lakers shouldn't be making any move just to have a shot at the play-in tournament. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean they are a well coached team but we know how the season will end for them. The fact that will make the playoffs or be in the hunt for the playoffs is a huge success.

I mean he has been on the physical decline for a few years now and now it takes him longer to recover and his play dips when he is dealing with something. Nothing he can do about it. Dude is playing in his 20th season after logging in the most total minutes in the history. It happens and is expected but that's why the Lakers shouldn't be making any move just to have a shot at the play-in tournament. 

Yeah I've been super impressed by our new coach. Kerr, Pop, basically anyone that has been around him speaks so highly of him. For being such a young guy he has definitely earned the respect of the locker room and has our guys playing together. We're currently the only team that doesn't have a single player with a 25+ USG% or a negative assist/to ratio. We still lack star talent but I actually think Lauri can be a #2/3 on a contending team. Luckily we also currently have two lottery picks in addition to our own pick. 

I agree, LeBron can still put up individual numbers but he coasts in games and doesn't play winning basketball anymore. I think the Lakers refusing to move Westbrook in order to sustain their limited draft assets was a clear sign that they're not going to rush into any more win now moves. They're just in a weird spot until they move on from LeBron and/or AD.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

LeBron is clearly just there to break the scoring record. If they did decide to trade him I'm just not sure what they'd get back because of his cap hit, age, and the fact it'd be a one year rental for whoever trades for him.

They don't have to trade him.

It depends on how the season shakes out, but I'd bet a few teams would still throw a couple assets the Lakers' way. Nothing crazy, but at least something. I bet Dallas, Miami, and New York would throw some stuff at the Lakers.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

They don't have to trade him.

It depends on how the season shakes out, but I'd bet a few teams would still throw a couple assets the Lakers' way. Nothing crazy, but at least something. I bet Dallas, Miami, and New York would throw some stuff at the Lakers.

The biggest issue is that all of those teams are cash strapped so they'd have to give up multiple rotation players to match is salary. This season looks like a wash unless they make some moves, their team is terrible. After this year they'll have more flexibility but LeBron/AD aren't getting any younger.

The biggest issue is that all of those teams are cash strapped so they'd have to give up multiple rotation players to match is salary. This season looks like a wash unless they make some moves, their team is terrible. After this year they'll have more flexibility but LeBron/AD aren't getting any younger.

That's not exactly a bad thing for New York and Miami. They aren't good.

Dallas could throw 2 expirings at the Lakers without losing too much. Dinwiddie, Bullock, and Bertans would match. Figure out what picks to send or if the Lakers would want Josh Green and there you go.

3 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's not exactly a bad thing for New York and Miami. They aren't good.

Dallas could throw 2 expirings at the Lakers without losing too much. Dinwiddie, Bullock, and Bertans would match. Figure out what picks to send or if the Lakers would want Josh Green and there you go.

What happened to Miami? I thought they were contending. Every team that played hardball with Donovan over the summer played themselves. 

Would the Lakers do it though? I'd assume they'll want a kings ransom.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Short of LeBron asking for a trade, they're not going to deal him for spare parts.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lakers receive: Myles Turner, Buddy Hield, Cam Johnson, 2 FRP (via PHX)

Pacers receive: DeAndre Ayton, Kendrick Nunn, 1 FRP (Via PHX)

Suns receive: Anthony Davis

Don't think the Lakers get their 2nd star and don't think they have enough wing defense to justify giving up their best defender.  Maybe if this got Brooklyn roped in with an Irving/Westbrook swap.  Not sure Indiana should be the one getting a FRP.  I'd argue that Ayton is more valuable than Turner given contract statuses.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Short of LeBron asking for a trade, they're not going to deal him for spare parts.

I imagine it'd be similar to the KD situation where it's tough to get a deal done because of what the Lakers would want in return. LeBron generates so much money and hype around any team he's apart of. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Don't think the Lakers get their 2nd star and don't think they have enough wing defense to justify giving up their best defender.  Maybe if this got Brooklyn roped in with an Irving/Westbrook swap.  Not sure Indiana should be the one getting a FRP.  I'd argue that Ayton is more valuable than Turner given contract statuses.

If all the picks went to the Lakers I think that's a solid deal. They'd be getting three guys that slot in as starters immediately and would instantly become one of the better shooting teams in the NBA. The Lakers are just middle of the pack defensively but are currently the worst offensive team in basketball.

Edited by NYRaider

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Lakers receive: Myles Turner, Buddy Hield, Cam Johnson, Kyrie Irving, 1 FRP (Via Suns)

Nets receive: Russell Westbrook, 2 FRP (Via Suns)

Pacers receive: DeAndre Ayton, Cam Thomas

Lakers receive: Myles Turner, Buddy Hield, Cam Johnson, Kyrie Irving, 1 FRP (Via Suns)

Nets receive: Russell Westbrook, 2 FRP (Via Suns)

Pacers receive: DeAndre Ayton, Cam Thomas

Switch the pick situation.  The '23 pick goes to BKN, and the future FRPs go to the Lakers.

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Switch the pick situation.  The '23 pick goes to BKN, and the future FRPs go to the Lakers.

The Lakers would receive Turner, Buddy, Cam, Kyrie, and both picks for AD and Russ? What do the Nets get out of taking on Russ deal?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

True. It all hinges on that. They won't trade him just to trade him, but if the Lakers trade AD for future assets then I think he'd consider leaving for sure.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Lakers would receive Turner, Buddy, Cam, Kyrie, and both picks for AD and Russ? What do the Nets get out of taking on Russ deal?

At this point, I'd argue that Westbrook is more valuable than Kyrie.  In a few months that might change, but Kyrie's trade value is radioactive.