Ravens Sign DeSean Jackson

baltimoreRebel

1 hour ago, santiagomn8 said:

Maybe he is fast enough not to get over thrown by Lamar. Jk Jk kind of

Lamar overthrows Duvernay so the chances of that being true are slim to none. Furthermore, Duvernay's been here 4(?) years now and Lamar can't seem to get any chemistry with him, so Desean being here for a week or two I'm just not expecting anything.

I hope he comes in and lights it up, but my expectations are so low. We needed this kind of veteran WR signing in the off-season but we chose not to. Now we're panicking because the ONE WR we banked on carrying us got hurt (again) and so we scraped for Demarcus Robinson and now Desean Jackson.

Yikes, EDC. Yikes.

I actually think this is a good signing because Jackson has been an elite deep threat since the moment he stepped into the league. He likely won’t be durable, but we just need another deep threat until Bateman can be healthy.

Jackson has also been someone that brings some edge/personality to an offense and we can use that energy.

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar overthrows Duvernay so the chances of that being true are slim to none. Furthermore, Duvernay's been here 4(?) years now and Lamar can't seem to get any chemistry with him, so Desean being here for a week or two I'm just not expecting anything.

I hope he comes in and lights it up, but my expectations are so low. We needed this kind of veteran WR signing in the off-season but we chose not to. Now we're panicking because the ONE WR we banked on carrying us got hurt (again) and so we scraped for Demarcus Robinson and now Desean Jackson.

Yikes, EDC. Yikes.

Being a good deep threat isn’t just about being fast. DeSean Jackson is able to get on top of guys and Plus Jackson has thrown 3 TD passes to Duvernay in 6 games. And in terms of chemistry, prior to the Giants game the Jackson-Duvernay connections worst performance (efficiency) was 5-7 on targets.

Beyond that Duvernay isn’t an elite route runner so it’s not as if his route running has led to consistent opportunities that Lamar has missed on.

But agree on the idiocy of going into training camp with legit only a couple proven receivers and expecting a different result.

EDIT: Just remember how Bateman is slower than Duvernay, but how he was the superior deep threat early on this season due to his ability to vary his route speed to get on top of defenses.

Also I take you back to when we had Mr. Elite Hamstrings himself, Torrey Smith and how Flacco was better at deep balls to Derrick Mason than Torrey, he could just time up his speed better, whereas Torrey was either DPI or bust half the time (I know I’m probably embellishing a little).

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1