Top 20 Wide Receivers Of The Last 20 Years?

BlaqOptic

On 11/20/2017 at 8:00 PM, GamedayGuru said:

Demaryius Thomas? Gimme Colston over him any day of the week. 

Demaryius Thomas Last 5 seasons combined

Receptions- 492--- 6,870 yards --- 46 TDs

AJ Green best 5 seasons of career combined

Receptions- 415 --- 6,170 yards --- 45 TDs

Marques Colston best 5 seasons of career combined

Receptions- 415--- 5,596 yards --- 45 TDs.

Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison and Demaryius Thomas are the only WRs in NFL history to have 4 consecutive years of 90 catches and 1,300 yards. If anything, he has been remarkably underrated and extremely reliable. He will be a guy upon retirement you look back at his production on and go 'wow'

He is also 6 catches and 57 yards a game for the rest of this year to getting another 90 catch 1,000 yard season with over 5 TDs with three different QBs

Nope.

1 hour ago, BlaqOptic said:

WR #1: 89 Career Games, 88 Career Starts, 84 Games With Significant Snaps, 863 Targets, 551 Receptions, 8,396 Yards, 41 Touchdowns, 2 1st Team All-Pros,

WR #2: 111 Career Games, 84 Career Starts, 95 Games With Significant Snaps, 1,058 Targets, 702 Receptions, 9,403 Yards, 56 Touchdowns, 3 1st Team All-Pros, 1 2nd Team All-Pro

I'm really wondering how one could say that one of those guys clearly hasn't presented as better than the other outside of being a homer.

aree you really takng out games he wasnt able to get on the field. and i wonder if those 200 extra targets could have affected bulk stats.

20 hours ago, mdonnelly21 said:

#1. Randy Moss 
#2. T.O

#3. Calvin Johnson 
#4. Sterling Sharpe 
#5. Michael Irvin 

#6. Marvin Harrison 

#7. Larry Fitzgerald 

#8. Steve Smith 

#9. Marvin Harrison 

#10. Tory Holt 

#11. Cris Carter  

#12. Antonio Brown 

#13. Isaac Bruce 

#14. Julio Jones 
#15. Art Monk

#16. Andre Reed 

#17.  Reggie Wayne 

#18. Hines Ward 

#19. Chad Johnson 
#20. A.J Green 

I'll always wonder what would have happened had Sterling Sharpe been able to play longer.  For a while he was all Favre had to throw to and he still found a way  to get open.

On 11/20/2017 at 12:08 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Tier 5

Anquan Boldin

Hines Ward

Donald Driver

If we're going with Driver, why not Marques Colston?

Driver
14 seasons
205 games
743 catches - 3.6 per game
10,137 yards - 49.4 per game, 13.6 per catch, 724.1 per season.
61 TDs 

Colston
10 seasons
146 games -
711 catches - 4.9 per game
9759 yards - 66.8 per game,  13.7 per catch, 975.9 per season.
72 TDs

He caught passes more frequently for more yards per catch and per game, and scored more frequently as well.  He has 11 more TDs and his total yardage is only 378 behind Driver despite playing 4 less seasons and 59 less games.

15 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'll always wonder what would have happened had Sterling Sharpe been able to play longer.  For a while he was all Favre had to throw to and he still found a way  to get open.

He would have likely been the 90's greatest WR. And probably regarded as a Top 5 career today. 

Also had Favre had him most of his career, Favre likely would have a SB or Two and would be more highly regarded as the GOAT. 

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

aree you really takng out games he wasnt able to get on the field. and i wonder if those 200 extra targets could have affected bulk stats.

Yes, taking out those games where he played less than 40% of the snaps (for BOTH players becuase Julio has some games where he was hobbled and clearly wasn't all in) hurts Julio's argument (that solely being that Brown has played "longer") so we must refute it.

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

If we're going with Driver, why not Marques Colston?

Driver
14 seasons
205 games
743 catches - 3.6 per game
10,137 yards - 49.4 per game, 13.6 per catch, 724.1 per season.
61 TDs 

Colston
10 seasons
146 games -
711 catches - 4.9 per game
9759 yards - 66.8 per game,  13.7 per catch, 975.9 per season.
72 TDs

He caught passes more frequently for more yards per catch and per game, and scored more frequently as well.  He has 11 more TDs and his total yardage is only 378 behind Driver despite playing 4 less seasons and 59 less games.

I think that, for the most part, it legitimately is a toss up. For me personally I just liked Donald Driver's game more. Though unfair, for me, it will always be hard to seperate MC from that Saints Offense as a system.

20 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I think that, for the most part, it legitimately is a toss up. For me personally I just liked Donald Driver's game more. Though unfair, for me, it will always be hard to seperate MC from that Saints Offense as a system.

The 59 game difference is more than enough for me to bridge any gap the “system” he played in creates, but I can see why people hold it against him.

On 11/22/2017 at 8:30 PM, BlaqOptic said:

Yes, taking out those games where he played less than 40% of the snaps (for BOTH players becuase Julio has some games where he was hobbled and clearly wasn't all in) hurts Julio's argument (that solely being that Brown has played "longer") so we must refute it.

but you included their career stats, where brown has 20+ more games

Per game...

Jones - 6.2 catches, 94 yards, .46 TDS

Brown - 6.3 catches, 84 yards, .50 TDS

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

but you included their career stats, where brown has 20+ more games

Per game...

Jones - 6.2 catches, 94 yards, .46 TDS

Brown - 6.3 catches, 84 yards, .50 TDS

So what you're telling me is when you factor in 20+ games where Brown wasn't even playing he has better numbers other than 10 yards per game? Yup, not really close.

22 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

So what you're telling me is when you factor in 20+ games where Brown wasn't even playing he has better numbers other than 10 yards per game? Yup, not really close.

wait, so the .1 catch and .04 td advantage is meaningful but the 10 yards isnt? You claimed brown has separated himself, yet havent really shown any meaningful way how. It must be that extra two catches a year.

4 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

wait, so the .1 catch and .04 td advantage is meaningful but the 10 yards isnt? You claimed brown has separated himself, yet havent really shown any meaningful way how. It must be that extra two catches a year.

Nah, it would be the 50+ reception differential and the double digit TD difference. It would be the always made up reasons for Julio.

11 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nah, it would be the 50+ reception differential and the double digit TD difference. It would be the always made up reasons for Julio.

50 catches over what time frame? and how many more games? very much doesnt seem like a lot, add on Julio has dominated on a level we actually havent seen before and is reaching milestones quicker than anyone, i see no separation. Its a coin flip.

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

50 catches over what time frame? and how many more games? very much doesnt seem like a lot, add on Julio has dominated on a level we actually havent seen before and is reaching milestones quicker than anyone, i see no separation. Its a coin flip.

You do realize the only reason Julio has gotten some of those "fastest" records is because Brown literally had 20 games in the tank as a 4th WR to start his career right? And despite that, he has many of those numbers ahead of Jones (like after 100 games, after 110 games, so on and so forth).

The idea that Julio is on a level we haven't seen before if facetious. But you believe what you want. One guy's one his way to a nearly unprecedented 4th 1st Team All-Pro and the first guy to get 48+ votes 3 different times.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You do realize the only reason Julio has gotten some of those "fastest" records is because Brown literally had 20 games in the tank as a 4th WR to start his career right? And despite that, he has many of those numbers ahead of Jones (like after 100 games, after 110 games, so on and so forth).

The idea that Julio is on a level we haven't seen before if facetious. But you believe what you want. One guy's one his way to a nearly unprecedented 4th 1st Team All-Pro and the first guy to get 48+ votes 3 different times.

guy, you tried to get by saying brown has separated from jones, and have yet to put forth any reasonable argument saying why. You say 20 games shouldnt count fro brown but then use his stats from those 20 to show how he has "separated" from jones. no one has put up these ridiculously dominating level of games jones has at the frequency hes done it. Thats a fact.

Archived