JK Dobbins Out 4-6 Weeks

baltimoreRebel

I’m a huge Dobbins/Gus fan, but I wonder if this puts us in the market for a RB early in the ‘23 draft?

Really strong class this year and if we keep Roman as OC, I could see a 1st/2nd rounder being invested into RB. I believe this scheme is one of the few that is not undervaluing talented RB’s and it is clear that without (Murray, Freeman, Davis, Hill, Drake etc) it’s not really clicking. 

Also classic Ravens to zag when the rest of the league zigs.

29 minutes ago, Rein said:

I’m a huge Dobbins/Gus fan, but I wonder if this puts us in the market for a RB early in the ‘23 draft?

Really strong class this year and if we keep Roman as OC, I could see a 1st/2nd rounder being invested into RB. I believe this scheme is one of the few that is not undervaluing talented RB’s and it is clear that without (Murray, Freeman, Davis, Hill, Drake etc) it’s not really clicking. 

Also classic Ravens to zag when the rest of the league zigs.

Word was, we were totally in on James Cook this year, he got picked earlier than they expected. We were in on a few guys, the board just didn't fall the way they wanted RB wise. 

We will 100% be in on RBs this off season. 

Definite bummer, but can't say that we shouldn't have expected something with him this year. Always felt like he would need a two year recovery with the injury he had. What he showed on the field was a pleasant surprise as will anything he does on his return. 

The front office should have brought in a backup option, though I think I wanted them to sign Melvin Gordon when they worked him out and that wouldn't look smart now.

Meh. I like JKD, but he was always that middle ground between thunder and lightning. Kenyan Drake if healthy adds a similar component, so we’re not starved like we were last year.

So get Gus back and add Justice Hill with some increased vision and I like our 3 headed backfield, anything Dobbins add moving forward this season would just be a bonus.

Especially if he’s got fresh legs for a playoff run that could be huge.