Alex Okafor Out For The Season

tyler735

Ive been praising Oakfor all season but this injury really puts his status with the team in the future in doubt...

Oakfor while a very good run defender has just been average in thr pass rush. How will Hendrickson lool in his absence? How long will his recovery timetable be and lets not forget that he came to NOLA with an injury history. Above all, what will the draft offer the Saints as far as DE?

I think Oakfor has earned a new deal, just not the big payday he was likley hoping for.

4 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

Ive been praising Oakfor all season but this injury really puts his status with the team in the future in doubt...

Oakfor while a very good run defender has just been average in thr pass rush. How will Hendrickson lool in his absence? How long will his recovery timetable be and lets not forget that he came to NOLA with an injury history. Above all, what will the draft offer the Saints as far as DE?

I think Oakfor has earned a new deal, just not the big payday he was likley hoping for.

I'm with you I've really like Okafor this year. Hope we give him a new deal. He's only 26, so if he recovers, he still has several years of good football ahead. I agree he's been really good in the run game, but I also think he's done pretty well as a pass rusher as he was on pace for 8 sacks and 3 forced fumbles this year. I'll gladly take those numbers any day for a number 2 DE across from Jordan.

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I'm with you I've really like Okafor this year. Hope we give him a new deal. He's only 26, so if he recovers, he still has several years of good football ahead. I agree he's been really good in the run game, but I also think he's done pretty well as a pass rusher as he was on pace for 8 sacks and 3 forced fumbles this year. I'll gladly take those numbers any day for a number 2 DE across from Jordan.

I agree but and i do hope hes resigned, however i do view DE as a big need this offseason. Kikaha will likey be dealt this offseason and Im not sold on Muhammad. Hendrickson has a shot to make some noise he rest of this season but I think the Saints will find themselves in search for more edge defenders to add to the rotation this offseason.

1 minute ago, whodatworm23 said:

I agree but and i do hope hes resigned, however i do view DE as a big need this offseason. Kikaha will likey be dealt this offseason and Im not sold on Muhammad. Hendrickson has a shot to make some noise he rest of this season but I think the Saints will find themselves in search for more edge defenders to add to the rotation this offseason.

I'm on the fence with DE being a need. I think that will be answered throughout the remainder of the regular season/playoffs. Right now with Okafor getting hurt that certainly clouds things as I didn't view it as a need before he went down with how he has played. It really is dependent on what Hendrickson/Muhammad/Kikaha show the rest of the year. All 3 certainly have potential, so hopefully at least one of them starts to establish themselves as a quality option going forward. If not, then I agree, we will likely have to add someone in the offseason.

Dwight Freeney was just released by the Seahawks. People are surprised because he's been productive, although he's about a 30-45% snaps guy.

We need to bring him in to shore up our edge. It can't hurt to at least work him out. He has done nothing but defy time, and produce, no matter where he goes.

19 hours ago, SSK said:

I'd have DE as the second biggest need going into the draft right now. LB being number 1.

We agree here but id draft a DE over a LB in round 1 with both players being equal... A top DE to me is better positional value and the Saints have a terrible track record with 1st round LB's

1 hour ago, whodatworm23 said:

We agree here but id draft a DE over a LB in round 1 with both players being equal... A top DE to me is better positional value and the Saints have a terrible track record with 1st round LB's

100% agree. A top DE is worth more than an LB. Klein is good enough for now.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 6:39 PM, domepatrol91 said:

I'd like to see what Rankins can do playing a handful of snaps per game at DE. 

We finally did this, this last week vs Carolina Rankins played DE on rushing downs. 

Archived