Alex Okafor Out For The Season

tyler735

Well this sucks. Looked like he was having a breakout year, and was carving out a nice role at for us at DE. Hope he makes a full recovery and signs a deal with us again next year as he is still is pretty young and hopefully has plenty of good years ahead of him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000880149/article/saints-de-alex-okafor-out-for-season-with-torn-achilles

51 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Trey Hendrickson bout to become the next saints rookie everyone can’t stop talking about.

This is the hope... Losing Oakfor is big, he was a very solid run defender but hopefully Hendrickson can step in and pick up the slack. 

Still... We have a glaring lack of depth in the front seven Defensivly. Awesome to hear Ireland had his contract extended, he will need to add depth this offseason.

51 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Trey Hendrickson bout to become the next saints rookie everyone can’t stop talking about.

Fingers crossed. I'm sure the NFL General Forum is going to love us Saints fans even more if that is the case lol. In all seriousness, I am intrigued by Hendrickson in a bigger role as he has made a some nice plays throughout the season, and has great athleticism for the position. I'd imagine now Al-Quadin Muhammad might get on the field some as well. He made several splash plays in the preseason, and seems to possess some talent despite being pretty raw still.

My concern is for Lattimore. I think Trey can step in and do a solid job.

We really just need everyone to get healthy. Vaccaro, Klein, and Lattimore make a difference. Klein may be slow, but the boy puts everyone in the right spots and can make some plays against the run. Mauti should not be on the field.

I'd like to see what Rankins can do playing a handful of snaps per game at DE. 

Jordan, Davison, Onyamaomaoamam and Rankins is still a formidable front capable of pushing the pocket. Kikaha and Hendrickson can keep cycling in as needed. 

All things considered, our JV did okay against the 'Skins, but yeah, we really need our key players back, and in a big way against this Rams offense. Goff will pick apart our secondary unless our D-line can rattle the crap out of him, which I highly doubt will happen. The Rams o-line is good! Heck, the whole team is good.

I was thinking it was a must that we resign him... this sucks. Kikaha has looked so light in the azz in limited to action... 0 push, ok speed. I like Hendrickson but he doesn't look physical enough to make an impact. I do believe he's a strong candidate to get some coverage sacks.... that is IF we can get our secondary back to full strength and cover. The I also think Muhammad has to make on the field now, in a NOW OR NEVER type of opportunity. whodat!

I hope Kikaha, Hendrickson, or Muhammad steps up. I think this Okafor loss will hurt more than we realize if they don't

Here's Okafor's PFF grade against the Redskins:

EDGE ALEX OKAFOR89.5 OVERALL GRADE

Okafor had a dominant day off the edge. He picked up seven run stops on only 22 snaps against the run and registered six pressures.

PFF GAME BALL: ALEX OKAFOR, EDGE

Alex Okafor, edge defender, New Orleans Saints

Archived