2023 Mock Draft Sims

kingseanjohn

Simulator updated 01-13-2023

Following, Chiefs draft 2 no.1 picks with the first 2 picks. KC gives up 2nd.rd. pic in 2024. Chiefs get 2 solid OT's to protect Patrick. Nice picks in the 4th rd. put on defense.

30.  Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

36.  Gervon Dexter, DT, Florida

94.  Carter Warren, OT, Pittsburgh

121. Mike Morris, Edge, Michigan

130. Tykee Smith, S, Georgia

Really like the Siaki Ika pick, just don't see him falling to #62. Doubt he gets much past the 1st round. Watching the Vikings/Giants game yesterday I was drawn to Giants NT Dexter Lawrence. Same measurements as Ika, similar athleticism. Lawrence was a major disruptor, and was in the Cousins face all game. Watched a lot of Baylor games this year and I believe he is the real deal. Unfortunately we would need to nab him with our 1st round pick. 

3 hours ago, KCsb said:

Really like the Siaki Ika pick, just don't see him falling to #62. Doubt he gets much past the 1st round. Watching the Vikings/Giants game yesterday I was drawn to Giants NT Dexter Lawrence. Same measurements as Ika, similar athleticism. Lawrence was a major disruptor, and was in the Cousins face all game. Watched a lot of Baylor games this year and I believe he is the real deal. Unfortunately we would need to nab him with our 1st round pick. 

I agree. This is a good draft if you want a massive DT but I doubt Ika will be available that late. He is already climbing draft boards and he could work into the 1st round before it's over. Mazi Smith would have a similar flavor and is more rank appropriate.

Cody Mauch at the end of round #3 is the same story. He's from outside the power five and most people don't know much about him yet. That will change soon. 

This is one of the better drafts IMO.

First, we get the heir apparent to Travis Kelce at TE.  Then we get OT's in 2 of next 3 picks. Protection for Patrick is complete. Then we get 2 of the missing pieces on Defense: A CB to complement to Trent McDuffie and Edge replacement for Frank Clark.

31.  Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

63.  Jaeylin Duncan, OT, Maryland

89.  Kyu Blu Kelley, CB, Stanford

99.  Carter Warren, OT, Pittsburgh

119. Isaiah McGuire, Edge, Missouri

Edited by mayanfootball

2 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

This is one of the better drafts IMO.

First, we get the heir apparent to Travis Kelce at TE.  Then we get OT's in 2 of next 3 picks. Protection for Patrick is complete. Then we get 2 of the missing pieces on Defense: A CB to complement to Trent McDuffie and Edge replacement for Frank Clark.

31.  Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

63.  Jaeylin Duncan, OT, Maryland

89.  Kyu Blu Kelley, CB, Stanford

99.  Carter Warren, OT, Pittsburgh

119. Isaiah McGuire, Edge, Missouri

No problem with Mayer, though it's interesting that he is only an heir apparent while McGuire is going to replace Frank Clark. I give you that McGuire has the perfect build for a Spagnuolo DE but day #3 picks usually need a year or two to learn the ropes.

If you want a rookie OT to step in and protect Patrick expect to take him about 50 picks higher. 63 seems rich dor Duncan. I would hope to get Cody Mauch or better in the 2nd round

We traded the second pick from round #3 but we have two in round #4

Why are we drafting a DB when we just drafted five and they all play? If you want improvement bring in a veteran FA. 

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

No problem with Mayer, though it's interesting that he is only an heir apparent while McGuire is going to replace Frank Clark. I give you that McGuire has the perfect build for a Spagnuolo DE but day #3 picks usually need a year or two to learn the ropes.

If you want a rookie OT to step in and protect Patrick expect to take him about 50 picks higher. 63 seems rich dor Duncan. I would hope to get Cody Mauch or better in the 2nd round

We traded the second pick from round #3 but we have two in round #4

Why are we drafting a DB when we just drafted five and they all play? If you want improvement bring in a veteran FA. 

1/ "No problem with Mayer", but then u gotta problem. Mayer is obviously a 1st.rd. pick. Not just that, he's the best TE in the draft. McGuire I'll address later.

2/  OT I addressed with a 2nd. rd. pick and 3rd.(almost). Sorry 1st.rd pick was used up. New, bookends for KC. It's not unusual to replace 2 players on the Oline. Cincinnati replaced their left side just this season. OBJ and Wylie can/should be replaced for their play and the money we spend on 'em.

3/ Kyu Blu (cool name)K. is a standout 3rd. rd CB pick. Our defensive secondary is woefully inadequate despite you being enthralled with it.

4/ McGuire is a nice 4th.rd. pick filling a position of need. He's close in talent to Zach Harrison that you used a first rd. pick on in an earlier draft. He's a homegrown product and exciting one at that. Nice TFL and motor to get around with. Clark is a slow "has been" and has not played up to his paychecks.

Edited by mayanfootball

3 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

1/ "No problem with Mayer", but then u gotta problem. Mayer is obviously a 1st.rd. pick. Not just that, he's the best TE in the draft. McGuire I'll address later.

2/  OT I addressed with a 2nd. rd. pick and 3rd.(almost). Sorry 1st.rd pick was used up. New, bookends for KC. It's not unusual to replace 2 players on the Oline. Cincinnati replaced their left side just this season. OBJ and Wylie can/should be replaced for their play and the money we spend on 'em.

3/ Kyu Blu (cool name)K. is a standout 3rd. rd CB pick. Our defensive secondary is woefully inadequate despite you being enthralled with it.

4/ McGuire is a nice 4th.rd. pick filling a position of need. He's close in talent to Zach Harrison that you used a first rd. pick on in an earlier draft. He's a homegrown product and exciting one at that. Nice TFL and motor to get around with. Clark is a slow "has been" and has not played up to his paychecks.

I said no problem with the pick. My issue is how you characterize the pick. Picks. 

I have no problem with OT in the second. There are better prospects available. Getting Duncan where you took Kelly would make sense and he might be there.

Our defensive secondary already has too many new-to-the-NFL players. That is all that should need to be said. If you find great value after pick #200 or someone who can play nickel LB, then maybe. Not a smallish CB before you have taken a DL. 

I said I had no problem with McGuire. I have a problem with you saying that he will replace Frank Clark. That means he will start day #1 ahead of Danna. 

Now that you have dropped Carter Warren, you still have a 4th round pick coming.

Fansided mock, posted for fun:

30.  Isaiah Foskey, Edge, Notre Dame

62.  Blake Freeland, OT, BYU

94.  Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh

123.  Dontayvion Wicks, WR, Virginia

132.  Tucker Kraft, TE, South Dakota State

165.  Moro Ojomo, DT, Texas

Really like the first 3 picks. It gets dicey after that.

12 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

I said I had no problem with McGuire. I have a problem with you saying that he will replace Frank Clark. That means he will start day #1 ahead of Danna. 

McGuire doesn't have to start. I'd be happy with him bumping Clark and his money drag, off the roster. Play time will come sooner than later.

Sometimes the computer goes weird places. In this one it was insane for Edge, CB, and OT. Other positions slid. I had no intention of taking a RB in the first three rounds but Robinson is a junk-your-plan-and-take-him kind of value. Ika came almost 20 slots after his ranking and Coburn is a gorilla. 

30: R1 P30 RB Bijan Robinson - Texas
62: R2 P31 DL Siaki Ika - Baylor
94: R3 P31 DL Keondre Coburn - Texas
123: R4 P21 WR Zakhari Franklin - UTSA
133: R4 P31 OT Ryan Hayes - Michigan

Second time, same settings.

30: R1 P30 OT Darnell Wright - Tennessee
62: R2 P31 TE Dalton Kincaid - Utah
94: R3 P31 DL Keeanu Benton - Wisconsin
123: R4 P21 EDGE Isaiah McGuire - Missouri
133: R4 P31 DL Karl Brooks - Bowling Green
Edited by onejayhawk