2022 Season Discussion

JMG5

4 hours ago, jcvoodoo said:

Did the Eagles rest/pull starters or are the Saints finally gelling?

They were missing Jalen Hurts, but we also played a pretty solid game. Been playing a lot better recently. Had Mark Ingram not had his blunder in the Bucs game running out of bounds a yard before the first down marker, there’s a good chance we would currently be winning the NFC South.

On 1/2/2023 at 3:32 PM, tyler735 said:

They were missing Jalen Hurts, but we also played a pretty solid game. Been playing a lot better recently. Had Mark Ingram not had his blunder in the Bucs game running out of bounds a yard before the first down marker, there’s a good chance we would currently be winning the NFC South.

Thanks for the answer. It's been a pain following the NFL (I live in England).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 3:32 PM, tyler735 said:

OMFG just saw this... Ingram had a good 3-4 more yards had he put his head down. Wow! I'd love his paycheck to make stupid decisions like that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 10:04 PM, JMG5 said:

Hard pass on trading for Carr. Dude is going to make $40m next year and is going to be cut anyways. He would be an upgrade over Dalton, but not by much. 

I think you're underselling how much Carr is an improvement over Dalton/Winston.  Though at the same time that $40 mil price tag completely removes the improvement that he would bring.  Def someone to look at giving a solid contract if he's cut.

Hard pass on Carr. He would take way too much salary for a marginal improvement at QB. I'd much rather bring Dalton back and take a shot on a QB in this draft such as Hooker in the 2nd/3rd round, or go all in for Caleb Williams next year and just embrace the tank the season. If we obtain high draft picks this year/next year for Sean Payton then all the better to make a run at a top QB in one of the next 2 drafts.

6 hours ago, Raves said:

I think you're underselling how much Carr is an improvement over Dalton/Winston.  Though at the same time that $40 mil price tag completely removes the improvement that he would bring.  Def someone to look at giving a solid contract if he's cut.

If he's cut then I wouldn't mind it, but I want no part of trading for him. 

On 1/31/2023 at 3:25 PM, JMG5 said:

If he's cut then I wouldn't mind it, but I want no part of trading for him. 

Oh I agree, which is why I made a point to mention that his current price tag completely removes all the benefit of how much better he is than our current QBs.

Whether it's Dalton, Winston, Carr, Manning, Brady... we need better O-line play, better RB performance, and MUCH better execution by our WR corps.

Every QB would have looked bad for us this last season, and few will measure up to what we've had in Brees for 12 of his 16 years with us.