BDL 2022 Week 9 - Cancun Kaiju @ Hungary Hippos

RedGold

Who Wins?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2022 at 05:00 AM

Y'all are entitled to your votes, but I would love to hear from the people voting Hungary how they are possibly going to stop any passing game when their defensive line is literally averaging less than a sack per game as a unit. A bunch of the starters aren't even playing 50% of the snaps IRL.

I don't even care if you think their secondary is good (it's not), the receivers are going to get open long before the nonexistent pass rush gets there.

• Like 1

Very tough one for me. I gave it to the home team. They dink and dunk and use their RBs to great effect to slowly march up and down the field. Kinda feels like a mix between the Titans vs KC game and the Bucs vs Rams game. Neither team scores over 20 as both teams, mainly Hungary, keep the clock moving . 19-17

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

It was a tough one. I gave Cancun 2 TDs and a FG and Hungary 1 TD and 4 FGs. HAd Cancun been home. I might have given them another FG.

Did Patrick Mahomes suffer a heart attack from having too much time in the pocket or something

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Did Patrick Mahomes suffer a heart attack from having too much time in the pocket or something

You are both making each other's line look worse than it is, albeit he's more wrong about yours. He brings a 5th guy sometime and focuses on coverage. I think your guys break with some bigger plays and get more TDs, I just feel his gameplan does enough to march enough down further more often, just not all the way, thus the FGs.

10 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

You are both making each other's line look worse than it is, albeit he's more wrong about yours. He brings a 5th guy sometime and focuses on coverage.

No, you just have zero appreciation for how bad his line. They have fewer sacks as a team than games played. It doesn't matter if they bring five guys because none of them can beat their opponent.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

They just need enough pressure to make it difficult. There are many games without high sacks where QBs don't ball out. I don't need to get grilled. I gave more than enough of an explanation.

Where is the pressure coming from? None of these guys can rush the passer halfway decently. Is he bringing five guys every down? Who is the fifth player? How is that not making it easier for Mahomes to pick apart the already bad coverage?

You don't want to be grilled, give an explanation that makes sense.

Just now, Blue said:

You don't want to be grilled, give an explanation that makes sense.

This is why people avoid certain matchups or giving explanations if they do. They don't want to get grilled and worry about possible revenge voting. And I did give an explanation on that very bit. Vote is 4-4. I'm not the only one thinking they got a shot.

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

This is why people avoid certain matchups or giving explanations if they do. They don't want to get grilled and worry about possible revenge voting. And I did give an explanation on that very bit. Vote is 4-4. I'm not the only one thinking they got a shot.

Well they sure as **** don't have a shot on defense with literal NFL backups starting for them.

Just now, LAOJoe said:

lol my laptop keyboard has trouble with the right side of the number line. Was meant to be 10 but that was amusing so I'll leave it. New PC coming December 13th once I can line up in the cold for a 7900 XT on launch.

Man, good luck with that.

• Like 1