BDL 2022 Week 9 - Cancun Kaiju @ Hungary Hippos

RedGold

Who Wins?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2022 at 05:00 AM

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I generally give people a pass on this as i don't expect everyone to be football terminology geniuses and can make assumptions on what I think they meant unless it's just totally out of left field (i almost always comment on those instances...lol)

What can I say, I'm a disgruntled defensive coach who already has to navigate the fact that OPI is never called, RPO's are almost always ineligible man downfield and/or OPI (literally OT blocking a linebacker every play, sometimes even an overhang S), that sacking a QB can now be considered roughing the passer, and that illegal contact is an automatic first down.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

One of my biggest pet peeves that seems minor but isn't is that we've resorted to "hurry up" and "no huddle" as the same thing/interchangeably, and it's definitely not at all.

The way this is written, that means he's not substituting and also running play after play quickly, which is drastically different from no huddle, which can control the tempo and not allow personnel changes and can be used to hurry up or to stall.

Vice versa putting in your writeup that you plan on faking injuries every 4 plays to get your susbtitutions in is also against the spirit of the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PR said:

Vice versa putting in your writeup that you plan on faking injuries every 4 plays to get your susbtitutions in is also against the spirit of the game.

No it's not. It happens all the time. I did something morally and ethically frowned upon, whereas you put something down erroneous, mixing up a very key concept.

Vince Vaughn GIF

Hurry up and No Huddle are NOT the same thing

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

No it's not. It happens all the time. I did something morally and ethically frowned upon, whereas you put something down erroneous, mixing up a very key concept.

*Narrator Voice*

And just like that, as he hit submit, MWil realized that he had turned into SwAg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Vince Vaughn GIF

Hurry up and No Huddle are NOT the same thing

Which you know it is wrong, but you chose to do it intentionally. 

4 minutes ago, PR said:

Which you know it is wrong, but you chose to do it intentionally. 

So do 100% of all defensive coordinators at pretty much every level. Just like OL coaches who teach their players to hold inside the tackle box, or WR coaches who teach subtle ways for their WR to push off, or the push/pull 1x method that punt coverage coaches teach before fielding a punt, or the ways that interior DL are taught to hold without being caught.

Or the pick plays WR coaches and OC's run that are illegal, or the cut blocks on defenders...the list goes on

• Like 1

Alright so to be honest I think this could be a really good game.

However there are a couple of things that stood out to me, While I don't agree with it and I don't like it, Cancun is all about recent stats, They believe seemingly that a singular weak production trumps everything else at least that is the impression they have given it everyone. 

And then there is a bit about faking injuries.

No I didn't Cancun will make a few plates because they have Patrick mahomes, But overall they've got one good wide receiverAnd one relatively consistent running back as playmakers. That isn't to suggest those of the only 2 guys that have talent that is to suggest that those are the only 2 guys that are consistently making plays for them.

I think that Hungary's defense will give up some place but I also think their defense is better than they are being given credit for.

Having said that I also think their offense is very good and Joe mixon I do not believe is overrated I believe hes been having a bad year and this past week was somewhat of a breakout game for him this season.

Now to address the faking injury thing. They might get away with it the 1st time, But after that I think there's going to start getting 15 yd unsportsmen like conduct penaltit's and planets are going to get kicked out of the game. I can only imagine that the only reason they would do this is because they don't believe themselves that their defense can hold up against the opposing offense. 

I'm going Hungary here 27-17

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

Now to address the faking injury thing. They might get away with it the 1st time, But after that I think there's going to start getting 15 yd unsportsmen like conduct penaltit's and planets are going to get kicked out of the game. I can only imagine that the only reason they would do this is because they don't believe themselves that their defense can hold up against the opposing offense. 

LOL

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I think that Hungary's defense will give up some place but I also think their defense is better than they are being given credit for.

Where would you rank their defense relative to the rest of the league

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Where would you rank their defense relative to the rest of the league

I would have to sit down and actually do it For the whole league which at some point I might do but I have not yet done. But I am genuinely saying I think they can hold their own in this game due to the lack of productive  Weapons Cancun has this week.