BDL 2022 Week 9 - Cancun Kaiju @ Hungary Hippos

RedGold

Who Wins?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2022 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Checked again and PFR has 7 on game logs but only 6 on cumulative season stats

So again... NFL and ESPN have 7 PDs...

I also am getting a 46% completion percentage. from multiple sources. 

40 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

57% from Bak plus 22% from Peters you’re at a C+ at 79%! Almost a full LT between the two of them!

Peters would obviously play more snaps than that. You really don't want to go down the route of counting exactly how many snaps individual players participated in, do you?

15 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I also disagree with this notion that Hungary doesnt have a good defense. Im not saying they habe the best D in the league, but they have a respectable defense.

I meant to come back to this. The starting defensive line is horrendous. We have five individual players on our defense who came into the game with more sacks than the entire Hungary starting defensive line, and the starting defense as a whole has just 5.5 sacks through this week. He has zero sacks from the tackle position. That's pretty bad!

At linebacker, Denzel Perryman is a part-time player who comes off  the field for passing downs (because he's bad on them). I don't have much against Logan Wilson but I did find this funny:

Then you have the corners, where Fabian Moreau has only started four games and McCreary came out of this week allowing 70% of passes to be completed in his coverage for the season.

So yeah this is by any reasonable measure one of the worst defenses in BDL and would be pretty bad by NFL standards too.

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

I meant to come back to this. The starting defensive line is horrendous. We have five individual players on our defense who came into the game with more sacks than the entire Hungary starting defensive line, and the starting defense as a whole has just 5.5 sacks through this week. He has zero sacks from the tackle position. That's pretty bad!

At linebacker, Denzel Perryman is a part-time player who comes off  the field for passing downs (because he's bad on them). I don't have much against Logan Wilson but I did find this funny:

Then you have the corners, where Fabian Moreau has only started four games and McCreary came out of this week allowing 70% of passes to be completed in his coverage for the season.

So yeah this is by any reasonable measure one of the worst defenses in BDL and would be pretty bad by NFL standards too.

Defense bad because of sack numbers... Guess run defense isn't a factor in any of this? You know.. since one out of two of Mahomes quality weapons is Jones the RB...

Perryman is just focusing the run. 

You memed Wilson.

Moreau is bad because he has only started the last four games?

Sutton has caught 6 passes the last three weeks and leads his team in dropped passes and sucks at YAC. McCreary is fine in that matchup.

• Like 1

There is some gamesmanship for calling your guys better than they are and your opponent worse than they are but I think Cancun took it a little too far. That's not going to affect my opinion one way or another but it makes me wonder if they are ignoring a real issue that would be exploited. I definitely see some but is it enough? I haven't decided yet and likely won't until Wednesday. I need some time to digest every part of this matchup.

Edited by LAOJoe

3 hours ago, Blue said:

This is sort of the mantra you take almost every week against your opponent. Luckily for Hungary, you guys are so hung up on week to week stats, that it becomes relevant that overall, your offensive weapoms didnt do much this week. 

Again, you can talk about sack #s and such, but i disagree with you. Imo, their defense is definitely top 16 kn ths league and i personally would put them withkn the top.8.

12 hours ago, PR said:

Defense bad because of sack numbers... Guess run defense isn't a factor in any of this? You know.. since one out of two of Mahomes quality weapons is Jones the RB...

Perryman is just focusing the run. 

You memed Wilson.

Moreau is bad because he has only started the last four games?

Sutton has caught 6 passes the last three weeks and leads his team in dropped passes and sucks at YAC. McCreary is fine in that matchup.

Sack numbers are just the easiest measure. You want to focus on tackles for loss? Your starting DL have 8 TFLs this season. Jonathan Allen alone has 11.

The writeup explicitly says "motioning Aaron Jones into the slot regularly to give us an additional receiver." For the most part, you're trying to shut down Rhamondre Stevenson in the run game.

Perryman focusing on the run is just going to make things easier for Mahomes off play-action then. He's covering one of Stevenson or Jones, near as I can tell, and either one is a mismatch in my favor.

No, he's bad because he's Fabian Moreau, but the fact that he's only started four games means A) his IRL team clearly doesn't think he's a better player than their other options and B) his coverage numbers are skewed because you can't get thrown at if you're not on the field.

Sutton was top 10 in yardage prior to the past three weeks and his numbers have only gone down because opponents realized Russell Wilson couldn't do anything if they took away deep shots to Sutton. But failing to recognize a player's ability outside of their IRL situation is nothing knew for BDL.

11 hours ago, LAOJoe said:

There is some gamesmanship for calling your guys better than they are and your opponent worse than they are but I think Cancun took it a little too far.

Too far by what, pointing out that the opposing defense is bad? They can't win at the line of scrimmage or cover receivers. It's a bunch of role players forced to play way more snaps than they should be. If I were PR, I would be looking to replace eight of the starters from this week's defense before the start of next season.

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Again, you can talk about sack #s and such, but i disagree with you. Imo, their defense is definitely top 16 kn ths league and i personally would put them withkn the top.8.

I would bet you don't even know what IRL teams their starting defensive linemen play for without looking them up.

9 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I would genuinely like to see how you rank BDL defensive lines and secondaries, because I think you would be surprised at just how bad a defensive line featuring Emmanuel Ogbah, Armon Watts, Carlos Dunlap, and Davon Hamilton really is relative to everyone else.