Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

48 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think you're sold on other things regarding JSN than YAC IMO. 1.65 10 split vs a 1.49 for Flowers. The ability to get to top speed instantly translates to YAC in the league.

You're drafting JSN for the route running prowess, exceptional hands and boundary awareness and just overall football intelligence. He'll be an average YAC guy. 

Oof, that 1.65 split is terrible. I didn't even notice that before. That shows up on tape. 

44 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Amon-Ra St. Brown - 1.63 10 yard split
Davante Adams - 1.64 10 yard split

Both top 10 in YAC at WR in the NFL last year. There's more to it than 10 yard splits. 

EDIT - I'll even add CeeDee Lamb's 1.58 10 yard split to that list. He was also top 10 at WR in YAC. All 3 of those guys posted 4.50 40 times or worse during the draft process as well. All three guys are exceptional route runners. Coincidence?

Davante had a 1.53 10yd split.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/embed/davante-adams?position=WR&page=MEASURABLES

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Gosh it's almost like I have JSN still has a top 3-4 prospect in this class. I'm doing literally exactly what you are calling for here lol

His lack of speed results in me putting a couple other WRs "over the top" of him...

Giving a slot WR a late first round value isn't burying him...

You literally have a post calling Flowers the only first round WR, so how is that putting a 1st round grade on him? Do you always speak out of both sides of your mouth?

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

You literally have a post calling Flowers the only first round WR, so how is that putting a 1st round grade on him? Do you always speak out of both sides of your mouth?

For our area of the first round (top half). I made that pretty clear.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

For our area of the first round (top half). I made that pretty clear.

Maybe in your mind but certainly not on the page.

I keep wanting to really like JSN, but he plays smaller than his size and he gets caught from behind going sideways and knocked backward on contact too much for me to LOVE him as a super elite slot prospect. He's definitely nifty with his feet and will get separation on the next level, but he's just not a YAC threat that warrants a first round pick.

Have to give props to @Packerraymond, there's only one 1st round WR in this draft and his name is Zay Flowers. Zay is who every JSN fan wants JSN to be. He measures smaller but plays bigger. He can threaten the defense horizontally, vertically and after the catch. That's a weapon MLF is sure to like. 

Wonder if he's the real target at pick 13, 14 or 15.

Where does that specifically state top half of the first round...

Just now, incognito_man said:

You need a new browser. That 1.53 is all over the internet. 

Literally posted a site that quotes the stats from his combine and pro day. Both had him in the 1.6+ range. 

I also see 4.42 40 times "all over the internet" for Davante but that too comes out of thin air when talking his draft process results. Try again.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Literally posted a site that quotes the stats from his combine and pro day. Both had him in the 1.6+ range. 

I also see 4.42 40 times "all over the internet" for Davante but that too comes out of thin air when talking his draft process results. Try again.

Why is that source correct and mockdraftable, SI, bleached report, etc who list it as 1.53 are not?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Keeping looking while you're digging. I trust you'll be able to find numerous references to me saying JSN is a late first.

In your most recent posts? You know, where you continuously change your mind the more you dig? I remember Nolan Smith being your top 3 guy for the Packers too.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Why is that source correct and mockdraftable, SI, bleached report, etc who list it as 1.53 are not?

Because it literally dates the pro day results. None of those sites do. Here's another pro day 1.60 from Packers 247.

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Article/Green-Bay-Packers-Davante-Adams-2014-Pro-Day-Fresno-State--51804446/