Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

So a lot of the rumor stuff for TE now is that if you want one of the top guys Mayer and Kincaid you need to be willing to take them between 10-25. And then the next tier is 25-30 something for Washington, Musgrave and laporta.

Doesn’t sound now like a TE will be their at 42 or 45. Unless if you don’t mind the 3 tier of guys.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So a lot of the rumor stuff for TE now is that if you want one of the top guys Mayer and Kincaid you need to be willing to take them between 10-25. And then the next tier is 25-30 something for Washington, Musgrave and laporta.

Doesn’t sound now like a TE will be their at 42 or 45. Unless if you don’t mind the 3 tier of guys.

That's fine.  For every TE that is taken ahead of us, we have another shot at a better player.  Not all of these TEs are going to be good.  Probably a lot of them are going to be bad.  It isn't a position that translates all that often from NCAA to NFL.  Who was the last sure thing at TE that panned out?  Jeremy Shockey?

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

That's fine.  For every TE that is taken ahead of us, we have another shot at a better player.  Not all of these TEs are going to be good.  Probably a lot of them are going to be bad.  It isn't a position that translates all that often from NCAA to NFL.  Who was the last sure thing at TE that panned out?  Jeremy Shockey?

Dustin Keller! How about that name pull haha.

15 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I promise you that 5 TEs won't be taken in the first 30 picks

• Like 3

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I disagree there. I think he's targeting a few players or maybe even one player in particular. If not, he could have stayed at 15 and gotten an extra pick in the deal. 

Fwiw. If it’s a TE I hope they’re trying to move back for them.  

3 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I pretty much buy this .. Packers will trade back into the early 20's and take Mayer. 

IDK what we want but trading back with an exact target is not something I'm a fan of

This isn't Madden. You can't reload your save when your guy isn't there. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Kyle Pitts?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I promise you that 5 TEs won't be taken in the first 30 picks

Peter Schrager is saying on Twitter that 3 can go in the first and that the next 2 to 3 could go shortly there after. 

I too doubt 5 go in the 30. But there might not be Washington or laporta in the 40s.

it’s likely just draft season rumor mill wanting to push guys down.

just interesting if true

Edited by Green19

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Fwiw. If it’s a TE I hope they’re trying to move back for them.  

Yah well we've been talking about this for awhile.  Gute will see if a top tier player falls in his lap if not guess this scenario could be possible.  Not often we get to pick this high.  He'll want to maximize every ounce of value.  Really why I'd be pretty shocked if he went WR or TE.  Is JSN really that good?  Clips I've seen not all that impressed.  Think he's overhyped.  Doesn't run through contact.  Not particularly fast either.  Injured most of last year. Get it he's a polished route runner.  OK fine I'd rather not burn #13 on this guy.  This WR class sucks at the top.  Gute can get a guy in RD 2 though 4.  This isn't the year to take a WR up high IMO.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaxon-smith-njigba/3200534d-4982-9636-a18c-5da6fbdaa80c

I agree with this assessment.