Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

5 hours ago, R T said:

Correct. Anyone who listened to Gutes comment about how important the pick swap was in the trade should realize that move is related to the Packers board specifically. Doubtful he gives it away after fighting so hard for it. 

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I disagree there. I think he's targeting a few players or maybe even one player in particular. If not, he could have stayed at 15 and gotten an extra pick in the deal. 

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Equally doubtful to me that he gives up day 2 capital to go higher as @packfanfbis suggesting. He probably saw 11-14 as an end to a tier and wanted to ensure himself a pick there. With the list of holes this team has, trading up for a player makes no sense to me.

It's lying season and all, so who knows, but Gute was basically asked this exact same question in his pressor just now and he said while 13 might bring a player or two into their range that might not have been, it dosen't change their strategy much at all.

Paris Johnson came across to me as a bit passive, lacks that aggressive punch and putting himself about,

I put on Anton Harrison or Matthew Burgeron tape and it "feels" better if that makes sense. Not saying they're better than Paris but they feel more genuine as OTs

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

does this explain the drop in the last week?

only thing i can think of is interviews.

He was scheduled to work out last week and didn't, injury and no work out numbers are likely it. 

Doubt if interviews have anything to do with PFF dropping him. As Ray touched on, Mike Renner was the one doing PFF's big board and he left last week and when they refreshed it this week, they used a consensus from several of their guys. Steve Palazzolo admitted he was a major reason for Wilson's drop and cited the work out. 

• Like 2

Daniel Jeremiah gushing about Kincaid on PMT. The kid is special. Gutey knows it too. It won't happen but he's high on their board or they are inept at evaluating TEs. I'm terrified DET gets him at 18.

Edited by PackFan13

54 minutes ago, R T said:

He was scheduled to work out last week and didn't, injury and no work out numbers are likely it. 

Doubt if interviews have anything to do with PFF dropping him. As Ray touched on, Mike Renner was the one doing PFF's big board and he left last week and when they refreshed it this week, they used a consensus from several of their guys. Steve Palazzolo admitted he was a major reason for Wilson's drop and cited the work out. 

10/10 response ty

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

i got to be honest, i would be pi$$ed if we tradedup for Skoronski. Trading up for a college OT who will most likely end up at OG is crazy to me.

Totally would for Wilson though.

His arms are a quarter inch length shorter than Bulaga’s. Is there any other reason why he can’t be an OT because I’m not buying it because of his arm length 

13 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Daniel Jeremiah gushing about Kincaid on PMT. The kid is special. Gutey knows it too. It won't happen but he's high on their board or they are inept at evaluating TEs. I'm terrified DET gets him at 18.

I heard the Steelers could be looking to move up a little bit to get an Olineman.  Maybe the Packers drop back to #17 and take Kincaid or Mayer?   I could live with it for sure. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

His arms are a quarter inch length shorter than Bulaga’s. Is there any other reason why he can’t be an OT because I’m not buying it because of his arm length 

Isn't that arm length part of why Bulaga was available at 20 something?

18 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I think Kincaid is in a really awkward position draft wise for the Packers to have a chance. Too early for 13 but too late for even early 2nd round/late first. IMO there are 3 TEs I really want to see in GB whether we stay pat in the 2nd round or trade up a bit: 

Washington: Just one HUGE human being. Should come in and at least be able to block with effort and shred tackles and shield the ball from smaller defenders.

Musgrave: My favorite TE in this draft. Big frame, good short area quickness, and good YAC ability which you see in all of the elite TEs in the NFL. This is my guy early day 2 if he is available. Underutilized in college which happens often with college TEs but I think he is going to be a stud in the NFL. 

Laporta: Same draft profile as Musgrave but no big frame. I don't want him in the early 2nd but mid to late 2nd would be great to have. 

If we can also add Strange, Kuntz, or Mallory later I would also be ecstatic. I think they need to come away with at least two trys at TE this year. 

To be a Packers first round pick the player

Must be highly athletic
Must be under 21
Highly productive in college
Clean character
Clean medical
Strong position value
High projected growth ceiling

I don't think Kincaid ticks most of the boxes. Yes the Packers have made exceptions in the past, most recently with Wyatt but at pick #13 I would think they want a player who will tick most if not all the boxes.

Edited by Chili