Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

I've just noticed that JSN barely played last year after looking at his stats, apparently due to a hamstring injury.

Here I was thinking he was a clean 1st round prospect. Hamstring injuries are tricky and not to be taken lightly. I'm surprised it haven't dampened the media & Packers fans enthusiasm for him because normally they are leery of "injury prone" players.

=================

Btw if there's such a concern with Calijah Kancey then just look at an like for like player in Adetomiwa Adebawore. Similar height and weight but Adebwore has almost 34" arm length. Probably more versatile too because of it too, highlights shows him making plays inside and outside. If I was looking for a player of that type then that's who I would target.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Equally doubtful to me that he gives up day 2 capital to go higher as @packfanfbis suggesting. He probably saw 11-14 as an end to a tier and wanted to ensure himself a pick there. With the list of holes this team has, trading up for a player makes no sense to me.

I'm not advocating for a trade up either, but trading up from 13 to 11 is cheaper than 15 to 11. That's part of the equation here. I say this now, but when No. 11 is on the clock and my guy is there, I'll be in front of the TV saying, "Gute just move up and get him." 

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I've just noticed that JSN barely played last year after looking at his stats, apparently due to a hamstring injury.

Here I was thinking he was a clean 1st round prospect. Hamstring injuries are tricky and not to be taken lightly. I'm surprised it haven't dampened the media & Packers fans enthusiasm for him because normally they are leery of "injury prone" players.

=================

Btw if there's such a concern with Calijah Kancey then just target a like for like player in Adetomiwa Adebawore. Similar height and weight but Adebwore has almost 34" arm length. Probably more versatile too because of it too, highlights shows him making plays inside and outside. If I was looking for a player of that type then that's who I would target.

The only reason JSN has a shot at being available at 13 is because of that injury though. I'm convinced that he would have been a top 5 lock if he didn't miss time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sandy said:

The only reason JSN has a shot at being available at 13 is because of that injury though. I'm convinced that he would have been a top 5 lock if he didn't miss time.

Top 5.

Really!? Man I gotta watch the tape again.

11 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Probably top 10 at least. You figure that going into last season he was one of the top Heisman candidates after that Utah game. Even with Harrison's emergence in that offense, JSN still would have eaten up the most targets and had another huge season. 

• Like 1

Just now, packfanfb said:

Probably top 10 at least. You figure that going into last season he was one of the top Heisman candidates after that Utah game. Even with Harrison's emergence in that offense, JSN still would have eaten up the most targets and had another huge season. 

So what you're now telling us is that you've got everybody worked up for a player that wont be there.

Thanks a lot! :)

I don’t think there’s much chance in this draft, but if we WOULD hear (“Budda beep budda boop”)…

”The Green Bay Packers have traded up to the __th pick in the first round…”

… whom might they be coveting enough to sacrifice one of the second round picks?

Just now, Leader said:

So what you're now telling us is that you've got everybody worked up for a player that wont be there.

Thanks a lot! :)

He's going 11, 12 or 13. Write it down. I don't buy this recent rumor that the Eagles like him at 10. It's the Titans or more likely the Texans at 12, or another team who trades up to 11 or 12 who wants him. Otherwise, we'll take him at 13. 

3 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I don’t think there’s much chance in this draft, but if we WOULD hear (“Budda beep budda boop”)…

”The Green Bay Packers have traded up to the __th pick in the first round…”

… whom might they be coveting enough to sacrifice one of the second round picks?

EDGE Wilson

OT Skoronski or Johnson

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Chili said:

Top 5.

Really!? Man I gotta watch the tape again.

Over 1600 yards while competing for targets with Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave, throw in his elite agility at his height and weight and you're looking at an elite pro-prospect.

7 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He's going 11, 12 or 13. Write it down. I don't buy this recent rumor that the Eagles like him at 10. It's the Titans or more likely the Texans at 12, or another team who trades up to 11 or 12 who wants him. Otherwise, we'll take him at 13. 

Agreed, although someone who really likes him might trade up to 9 to get past TEN, HOU and us. There's rumors that the Bears want Flowers but not at 9.

I think if GB sticks and picks at 13 it's Broderick Jones. I'm locking that one in pre-draft.

If they trade down, I'm thinking Michael Mayer. 

If they trade up, can't imagine it's for a WR. It would be for an Edge. I guess I can't see them doing that in this draft.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

why did tyree wilson suddenly drop on pff boards

One year of production, didn't work out in the pre-draft process, is older than the other first tier Edge rushers. And the Lisfranc injury of course.   

Edited by R T