Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

10 minutes ago, Chili said:

To be a Packers first round pick the player

Must be highly athletic
Must be under 21
Highly productive in college
Clean character
Clean medical
Strong position value
High projected growth ceiling

I don't think Kincaid ticks most of the boxes. Yes the Packers have made exceptions in the past, most recently with Wyatt pick but at pick 13 I would think they want a player at #13 who will tick most if not all the boxes.

It's worked out so well recently... Age is the only knock. He is elite with routes and catching which are two giant things the team is missing.

Last year showed age isn't as important and you'd think and they don't even necessarily need to know how to read. You think ILB is strong positional value? More holes in your theory.

How about we worry more about getting the best players to help our young QB. Kincaid is second to none in the draft given our TE room and his unique abilities. 

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, Chili said:

Don't worry I guarantee there will be plenty of complaints and disagreements tomorrow. 😄

Sorry Discord is a chat app. Unless this just went over my head... I'm which case I'm sorry and I'm drunk 

51 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

This site sucks for the draft because a page fills in 15 seconds

100% I tried to do one last year but no interest. We used to do a similar thing on another site ages ago and it was a blast though

I am thinking 2023 draft is all in on getting Love the players around him to seeing if he is it.  I don't think GB would be thinking this way. 

• WR:  Watson, Doubs, Toure.   that is it.  JSN is my top WR.  The hamstring worries me, but if the medical check out OK, then he is my first choice.  Don't love it, but I think he adds the most for the offense on D1
  • TE:  Deguara, Tyler (Toddler) Davis.... and that is it.  This TE class is soooo deep.  I just can't see a TE being worth it at 13 vs what TE could be had in the 40-60 range.  I like Kincaid, but 13 is way too rich.  42 and I am good with Kincaid.  probably need to trade up
  • RB:  don't see the need/value at 13.   Is Robinson going to take that many touches from Jones that makes the money being paid to Jones seem foolish.  
  • OL:  Bahk // Jenkins // Myers //Runyan // Nijman   I don't see any OL player being that big of an upgrade over that group.  is 1 of the top OT better than Nijman, sure... is it a bigger upgrade over the OL they would be replacing vs JSN over Toure??

My hope is that if JSN is gone, GB can trade down.  Say PIT needing an OT wants to jump NE and NYJ.  Pit sends 17 (950 points) + 49 (410)  FOR GB 13 (1150) and 78 (200)

Not sure who I would want at 17, but that might be another option to do a small trade down into the early 20's where then the TE of Kincaid or Mayer is more palatable with the addition of a couple extra picks in the 2nd