Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

32 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

I'm not as high on JSN as others. I like Hyatt better. 

IF you want a guy to blow the top off the defense, Hyatt is your guy. If you want a guy to get open all over the field, JSN is your guy. 

To each their own. I don't want either in round 1 which means we'd likely get neither. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cousin Eddie said:

I'm not as high on JSN as others. I like Hyatt better. 

Hyatt brings an element that's very enticing to many, but how is he against press coverage?  How is he against getting pounded at the line.   

What happens when Watson goes out and you need a WR who can run more than a handful of routes? 

Hyatt is the cherry on top of the sundae, we need the ice cream.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't pick him, what pick we would take him would be a factor, IMO.

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

jennings and driver could both break the long one

Jennings was a legit 4.4 guy though.  You'd have to be special fast to catch him if he had open field in front of him.  Of players we have had, it is probably Nick Collins, Sam Shields, and Eric Stokes that could catch him.  Maybe Jaire.

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Jennings was a legit 4.4 guy though.  You'd have to be special fast to catch him if he had open field in front of him.  Of players we have had, it is probably Nick Collins, Sam Shields, and Eric Stokes that could catch him.  Maybe Jaire.

ya. the original claim was we've only had jordy and watson with avoid-getting-chased-down-from-behind speed in recent memory. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Hyatt brings an element that's very enticing to many, but how is he against press coverage?  How is he against getting pounded at the line.   

What happens when Watson goes out and you need a WR who can run more than a handful of routes? 

Hyatt is the cherry on top of the sundae, we need the ice cream.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't pick him, what pick we would take him would be a factor, IMO.

I think Hyatt is very similar to Desean Jackson.  He is a tick slower and a hair bigger.  But they play a very similar game.  

I do question if we really have a need for a deep speed guy like that though.  We already have Christian Watson, who is also already faster, and it makes a safeties life a lot easier if we just have two guys going long all the time vs having to cover deep or intermediate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

ya. the original claim was we've only had jordy and watson with avoid-getting-chased-down-from-behind speed in recent memory. 

Well, tbf, Jennings last played for Green Bay in 2012. Jordy's last season was 2017. There's a 5 year gap there and it depends on what one means by "recent memory." 

2 hours ago, Sandy said:

I really don't know what they're expecting to get out of the draft at 15. He's a perfect fit, should he make it to us.

The funny thing is it's often the same people who say "always use first rounders on the trenches, it's not sexy but it works" can't seem to see the value of a high-volume, low-risk WR who would be our first-year starting QBs safety outlet.

jpp, mike pouncey, bruce irvin, kenny vaccaro, ryan shazier, melvin gordon, corey coleman, malik hooker, dwayne haskins, jerry jeudy, mac jones, kenyon green are a pretty good group. 

19 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, tbf, Jennings last played for Green Bay in 2012. Jordy's last season was 2017. There's a 5 year gap there and it depends on what one means by "recent memory." 

as semantics go, the original claim was 'since i can remember'

Just now, HokieHigh said:

as semantics go, the original claim was 'since i can remember'

Regardless, Jennings wasn't a burner in the slightest. He was savvy as **** and manipulated angles far more than he outran players. He wasn't slow but neither is JSN. Jordy was a burner in the sense that, if he got going and got by you, it was morganfreemangoodluck.gif. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

IF you want a guy to blow the top off the defense, Hyatt is your guy. If you want a guy to get open all over the field, JSN is your guy. 

To each their own. I don't want either in round 1 which means we'd likely get neither. 

Agree. No WR in round 1. 

6 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

jpp, mike pouncey, bruce irvin, kenny vaccaro, ryan shazier, melvin gordon, corey coleman, malik hooker, dwayne haskins, jerry jeudy, mac jones, kenyon green are a pretty good group. 

This actually aides in the JSN at 15 argument tbqh. JPP and Pouncey are the only guys that became elite players while the rest were/are average with a few peak seasons or flat out busts (Hooker, Haskins, Coleman).

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Also, Jennings ran a 4.47 40 with a 1.58 10 yard split. He's not the burner you think he was. 

i never said jennings was a burner? there is a large gap between being a burner and getting caught from behind by college linebackers when u are in full stride. when jennings had the ball in stride he wasn't getting caught from behind by players with unfavorable angles.