Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

i never said jennings was a burner? there is a large gap between being a burner and getting caught from behind by college linebackers when u are in full stride. when jennings had the ball in stride he wasn't getting caught from behind by players with unfavorable angles. 

He's not getting run down by college backers lol. Regardless, I don't care. If you're knock on him is that he gets run down from behind, then the kid obviously has no real glaring holes in his game. Not a soul on the planet expects him to be a consistent HR threat and he won't need to be. He's not that type of WR. 

Again, if he were one, he's not making it out of the top 10. 

This is the part I don't care for with the pre-draft stuff.  People seem to think they need to be on one side or the other, he's one of my guys or he's not one of my guys. Then if the player is drafted the not my guys carry that hate and attempt to undermine the dude at every turn of his career. Negative energy is real and people feel it, players are some of those people.  

JSN is a hell of a football player and would be an asset to any team that drafts him, I'm on record saying I would be fine if he was the pick at 15. But I can also believe that there is 11 other non-QB's I would rather draft before I would take JSN. I'm good either way.  

We as fans don't need to divide all the players in advance in to the two group of going to love and going to hate. Social media has everyone programmed to be on one team or the other and be on tilt every second of the day. The draft and the players selected by our teams should be apart from that bat sh*t craziness.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, R T said:

This is the part I don't care for with the pre-draft stuff.  People seem to think they need to be on one side or the other, he's one of my guys or he's not one of my guys. Then if the player is drafted the not my guys carry that hate and attempt to undermine the dude at every turn of his career. Negative energy is real and people feel it, players are some of those people.  

JSN is a hell of a football player and would be an asset to any team that drafts him, I'm on record saying I would be fine if he was the pick at 15. But I can also believe that there is 11 other non-QB's I would rather draft before I would take JSN. I'm good either way.  

We as fans don't need to divide all the players in advance in to the two group of going to love and going to hate. Social media has everyone programmed to be on one team or the other and be on tilt every second of the day. The draft and the players selected by our teams should be apart from that bat sh*t craziness.

Make no mistake, I'll root for whoever we draft to succeed. I'm far from infallible and I'll put my trust in Gute and those gentlemen up in Green Bay far over my own. If we take Hyatt at 15, I'd friggin' hate it but I would hope like hell he'd become a star and root for the kid through and through. Goes for anyone we take at 15. 

35 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

This actually aides in the JSN at 15 argument tbqh. JPP and Pouncey are the only guys that became elite players while the rest were/are average with a few peak seasons or flat out busts (Hooker, Haskins, Coleman).

ryan shazier was good but his career was cut short by injury, kenny vacarro is good, bruce irvin earned a fat second contract, haskins died in a tragedy but was becoming quite a player

jerry jeudy is very good. melvin gordon was good for a few years.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Make no mistake, I'll root for whoever we draft to succeed. I'm far from infallible and I'll put my trust in Gute and those gentlemen up in Green Bay far over my own. If we take Hyatt at 15, I'd friggin' hate it but I would hope like hell he'd become a star and root for the kid through and through. Goes for anyone we take at 15. 

I have faith you would but can't say I have much faith in some others that reside here. 

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

He averaged 16.9 YPC in his peak year (15.4 for his career) but somehow people don't believe he's a RAS threat nor a HR threat. So does he just run 15 yard routes and get tackled? I mean, something doesn't make sense here.

Yeah he was playing alongside two top 12 pick WRs and a top 2 pick QB. He accumulated volume stats in 2021 for sure. He is good in the open field and that offense generated a lot of open field for him.

1 minute ago, HokieHigh said:

ryan shazier was good but his career was cut short by injury, kenny vacarro is good, bruce irvin earned a fat second contract, haskins died in a tragedy but was becoming quite a player

jerry jeudy is very good. melvin gordon was good for a few years.

Shazier was good, sure
Vaccaro is insanely average and wasn't worth the 15th pick
Bruce Irvin was decent and didn't get a second contract from the team that drafted him
Haskins was very, very mid
Jeudy is solid and pointing him out is another mark for taking JSN. If you think Jeudy was worth the pick, JSN would be too.
Melvin Gordon had one 1000 yard season in his entire career. He wasn't worth that pick.

6 minutes ago, R T said:

its not like i am hoping jsn fails. of course if packers draft him i hope he is super productive. its not like he is off my big board. i just watched some jsn highlights and it stuck out to me how he was being chased down - and decided to share that evaluation. 

far from saying the guy is worthless.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah he was playing alongside two top 12 pick WRs and a top 2 pick QB. He accumulated volume stats in 2021 for sure. He is good in the open field and that offense generated a lot of open field for him.

What are you saying here? That he's a product of everyone around him?

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

its not like i am hoping jsn fails. of course if packers draft him i hope he is super productive. its not like he is off my big board. i just watched some jsn highlights and it stuck out to me how he was being chased down - and decided to share that evaluation. 

far from saying the guy is worthless.

I wasn't implying you said that. 

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

What are you saying here? That he's a product of everyone around him?

Absolutely every prospect is impacted by their teammates. JSN is both a talented slot WR and had dominant talent around him for the defense to worry about as well