Lattimore Ankle Injury - Saints sign Sterling Moore :(

Dome

I hope it is just a realization that PJ Williams, and Devante Harris don't belong on the field. They were both atrocious against the Redskins. Harris has been horrible every time he's on the field, so I can only hope this is just Moore taking his spot.

Harris has a PFF rating of 41.7 (poor) this year. I don't think I've ever seen a guy give up so many big plays/busted coverages. 

PJ Williams has a PFF rating of 64.9 (below average)

For comparison:

Marshon Lattimore 92.7 (elite)

Ken Crawley 84.0 (above average)

Basically it's no secret why teams target Harris/Williams when they are on the field.

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I hope it is just a realization that PJ Williams, and Devante Harris don't belong on the field. They were both atrocious against the Redskins. Harris has been horrible every time he's on the field, so I can only hope this is just Moore taking his spot.

Harris has a PFF rating of 41.7 (poor) this year. I don't think I've ever seen a guy give up so many big plays/busted coverages. 

For comparison:

Basically it's no secret why teams target Harris/Williams when they are on the field.

I don't mind PJ, but Harris needs to stay on the bench.

5 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

I don't mind PJ, but Harris needs to stay on the bench.

Honestly I don't mind PJ coming in once in awhile, but I don't think he is a starting quality CB. Harris on the other hand played a considerable amount of snaps against the Vikings, Patriots, and Redskins. There also seems to be a trend with our performances on defense in these games as well. Coincidence..I think not lol.

18 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Honestly I don't mind PJ coming in once in awhile, but I don't think he is a starting quality CB. Harris on the other hand played a considerable amount of snaps against the Vikings, Patriots, and Redskins. There also seems to be a trend with our performances on defense in these games as well. Coincidence..I think not lol.

I think it's pretty obvious that this off-season we need to add more to the defense. Pass rusher, LB, and CB all need to be addressed, even if it's only for depth. We need more talent so that when our key players go down we don't resort back to playing terrible defense. 

I'm honestly not sure why Harris has a roster spot. If he were a kicker, Payton would have canned him 4 times over by now. Harris misses everything. I'm not even sure he'd be considered a "serviceable" CB. He's worse than Jason David getting burned on every double move thrown at him, and once in his head, he's done!

The only reason Moore was out of the rotation is because he had a boob injury that didn't get better after 4 weeks on the bench, so Payton cut him so he could fill the roster spot with someone else.

I'm looking at other team's practice squads, specifically teams with good secondaries, like the Vikings, Jags etc...

The Vikings are deep at CB. 4 of their active 5 would be an upgrade to any of our CB's with the exception of Lattimore.

I'm curious about their Horace Richardson. Smart kid, did really well in college, although a small school (Southern Methodist).
The Panther's Zack Sanchez has seen the field with the Panthers. He's a little small, but can hit.
The Steeler's Dashaun Phillips is also sitting behind a stable of really good CB's, so may be some hidden help. The Steelers traded for him in August, so there must be something they see there.

Just a few thoughts.

8 hours ago, tyler735 said:

For comparison:

Harris is bad, He can't tackle and gives up big plays... Williams can play. 

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'm looking at other team's practice squads, specifically teams with good secondaries, like the Vikings, Jags etc...

The Vikings are deep at CB. 4 of their active 5 would be an upgrade to any of our CB's with the exception of Lattimore.

I'm curious about their Horace Richardson. Smart kid, did really well in college, although a small school (Southern Methodist).
The Panther's Zack Sanchez has seen the field with the Panthers. He's a little small, but can hit.
The Steeler's Dashaun Phillips is also sitting behind a stable of really good CB's, so may be some hidden help. The Steelers traded for him in August, so there must be something they see there.

Just a few thoughts.

Which 3 CBs (Rhodes is obvious) on the Vikings would you take over Crawley?

Sherels, Waynes, Alexander, Newman & Brock are their other CBs.

Im not sure Id take any of them over Crawley.

Tracy Porter is still around. He's certainly a better option than Harris. Porter actually had 2 picks last year. Amazing we're not bringing him in.

Good playoff and SB experience as well. It would be like bringing Duece back for the 2009 playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, SSK said:

Which 3 CBs (Rhodes is obvious) on the Vikings would you take over Crawley?

Sherels, Waynes, Alexander, Newman & Brock are their other CBs.

Im not sure Id take any of them over Crawley.

My best guess is Mid just had a brain fart and forgot Crawley. He's been playing quite well. 

Here's PJ Williams wonderful stats from PFF against the Redskins:

"CB P.J. WILLIAMS, 56.5 OVERALL GRADE

The Saints secondary reverted back to their early season form on a handful of snaps Sunday. They had a handful of miscommunications that led to multiple touchdowns. Williams himself struggled, giving up all three of his targets for 43 yards and committing two penalties."

Man do we need Lattimore to stay healthy. Can't have games like this from Williams/Harris going forward if we are going to make a playoff run.

Archived