Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

Actually I think Carr was tired of waiting for Rodgers and took his second choice. It was pretty clear he was option B for them so he went to the only team that told him he was option A.

That was the vibe I got from the whole thing at least.

that could be, too.

Either way, the result leaves NY more desperate for Rodgers which is a bonus

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, R T said:

He should have never used the word wizard, but killing a guy with a resume like Joe Douglas' is silly also.   

I’m not trying to kill Joe Douglas… I’m just going overboard because the way some fans, and yes even packer fans too, are looking at this situation is silly.

We have packer fans basically killing Gute over this when he has the organization in a position where they have 2 viable QBs and that they have done deep playoff runs, went to back to back nfc championship games etc.

And than you have jets fans acting like they are doing GB a solid by taking Rodgers and his contract that is sooo terrible, when everyone knows Jets are depressed to even be a second thought of NFL fans… so much so they are willing to yet again take a HOF QB from GB Wisconsin with massive baggage.

Both Gute and Joe are top ten GMs currently in this league. I think they both get the assignment here. As I mentioned before, they both seemingly want this deal. They need to be fair to each other. Neither one should try and “screw over” the other. Compensation seemingly is tied to how much of the contract does GB help with.

Past that all this stuff is just media trying to get numbers so they can overcharge for ad space. 

• Like 2

Just now, Old Guy said:

More like a move to keep him in the fold rather than package him with Rodgers to the Jets. I'm no capologist but that seems the play here. 

Correct, it is no longer possible to trade Bakh from a cap standpoint.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

How much money does this push down the line for GB? What’s the hurt?

He's got 2 years left on his deal, so the total savings this year should be (9.5+5.5 million)/2 = 7.5 million saved this year, 7.5 million added to next years cap hit.

Just now, pgwingman said:

He's got 2 years left on his deal, so the total savings this year should be (9.5+5.5 million)/2 = 7.5 million saved this year, 7.5 million added to next years cap hit.

Since he was required to come in for a signature anyway (since they did base salary and not just the roster bonus) it's far more likely that they added void years.