Will teams will start to rethink the idea of being “a QB away”?

CP3MVP

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Ok there was a misunderstanding then. I meant that teams were a QB away from a title. 

Oh, okay.  For what it's worth, the 49ers [without Garoppolo] are the only team that is currently a top 16 QB away from being a favorite (as opposed to a top 7 contender) to win a conference title.

Not sure the take here…The Broncos are still a QB away because their current QB and overall offense has been downright pitiful with an elite defense.

If I’m Denver I cut Hackett loose and try and save my investment in Wilson while I can and throw the boat at Payton to come over.

No bc if a team thinks its one QB away then they are going to go try and get that QB. The Bucs and Rams both thought they were one QB away and they were right. The Chiefs drafted Mahomes bc they thought he would get them over the hump in which Alex Smith couldnt and they were right. Those are your last three SB winners.

Not every team is going to be right but it doesnt mean the strategy is wrong. The Broncos I strongly think its the coach not the QB. Yes Russ hasnt looked like what he all expected but I think he is better than how he has looked this season. With the Colts I think they made a mistake by firing their coach. I think Ryan is cooked and they need to go in a different direction at QB.

Also you have to think of fit too. Stafford was the perfect fit for McVay. While Brady wasnt the perfect fit for the Bucs he made it work bc he is that great. Just like LeBron makes it work wherever he goes in the NBA. I dont think Russ is a good fit for Hackett in Denver. Again I think Ryan is cooked so thats why it never worked in Indy and they jumped the gun and fired Reich which was a huge mistake.