MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

With going off win percentage, the Chiefs would be higher. I don't know why they only decided on the championship game and not the divisional round as well. As usual the NFL makes it up on the fly, half ***** it and hopes no one will notice. 

I'm not talking about that. I mean in that scenario the Bengals would have had the #1 seed if they beat the Bills, but I don't think the NFL mentioned that possibility. Either that or the talking heads made their own scenarios up and missed that one.

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

With going off win percentage, the Chiefs would be higher. I don't know why they only decided on the championship game and not the divisional round as well. As usual the NFL makes it up on the fly, half ***** it and hopes no one will notice. 

I felt this way in the COVID year too, I think the NFL just half cheeked it and hope they get the outcome with the least amount of backlash. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I can see a spelling error made you go off on a tangent.

I mean "if you can't see why the bengals would be upset with this"  - this being the coin/flip nonesense 

Oh you’re joining that party huh? I’m sorry I reacted off of what you wrote and not what you meant to write. 

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yup. That’s exactly what happened too. Like I posted above. Only one team in this outcome has the potential for outside shot at 1 seed to on the road as a division winner. And it ain’t the Chiefs or Bills. 

You had zero shot at the 1 seed regardless with the cancellation. 

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I'm not talking about that. I mean in that scenario the Bengals would have had the #1 seed if they beat the Bills, but I don't think the NFL mentioned that possibility. Either that or the talking heads made their own scenarios up and missed that one.

The Bengals are out of the top seed now so they don’t need to worry about that. And if it’s Cin v Buff they can just play at the higher seed (though this one should be neutral site IMO too). 

2 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

You had zero shot at the 1 seed regardless with the cancellation. 

I’m not a Bengals fan by any means, so not sure the “you” here. 

But if the Bengals beat the Bills and Ravens then the Chiefs lost to the Raiders, Bengals own the H2H and 1 seed. 

Hence “they were the only team with a 1 seed chance that can fall to division winner without a home game”. 

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’m not a Bengals fan by any means, so not sure the “you” here. 

But if the Bengals beat the Bills and Ravens then the Chiefs lost to the Raiders, Bengals own the H2H and 1 seed. 

My mistake. You’re advocating so hard for them I assumed you were a fan. I’m aware of what was at stake going into MNF. Your comment was made about the Bengals and the one seed excluding the Bills and Chiefs. Maybe I misread it. I’ll have to go back. 

I will say this for whoever is arguing about the Bengals being screwed. Please pick a side of the argument. Are you mad that you could’ve/would’ve run the table and lost your shot at the top seed OR are you mad that if you don’t beat the Ravens at home week 18 there is a chance to play on the road as a division winner. Take care of business week 18 like running the table would’ve and the coin flip issue is dead. Then the what ifs can be about being a giver seed. My Bills are in the same boat. Sucks for both teams and both fan bases. 

*went back to read 

I did misread what you wrote. It’s unfortunate the situation in the AFCN. The Chiefs and Bills aren’t in that position because we each had a bigger lead in our divisions. I’m quite shocked that Baltimore has even stayed afloat in that division as they’ve looked pretty bad. 

Edited by BillSabre

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The Bengals are out of the top seed now so they don’t need to worry about that. And if it’s Cin v Buff they can just play at the higher seed (though this one should be neutral site IMO too). 

It's not about being the top seed now. It's about would have been if the game was played. Cincy could have been the #1 with the unplayed game changed to a win. So if the Bills and Bengals make the final it should be Neutral.

1 minute ago, BillSabre said:

My mistake. You’re advocating so hard for them I assumed you were a fan. I’m aware of what was at stake going into MNF. Your comment was made about the Bengals and the one seed excluding the Bills and Chiefs. Maybe I misread it. I’ll have to go back. 

I will say this for whoever is arguing about the Bengals being screwed. Please pick a side of the argument. Are you mad that you could’ve/would’ve run the table and lost your shot at the top seed OR are you mad that if you don’t beat the Ravens at home week 18 there is a chance to play on the road as a division winner. Take care of business week 18 like running the table would’ve and the coin flip issue is dead. Then the what ifs can be about being a giver seed. My Bills are in the same boat. Sucks for both teams and both fan bases. 

This doesn’t have to be an either or. Bengals beat the Bills they are division champs even with a loss to the Ravens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LAOJoe said:

It's not about being the top seed now. It's about would have been if the game was played. Cincy could have been the #1 with the unplayed game changed to a win. So if the Bills and Bengals make the final it should be Neutral.

Yes agreed. 

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

This doesn’t have to be an either or. Bengals beat the Bills they are division champs even with a loss to the Ravens. 

I understand that. Bills beat Bengals and we control the 1 seed and Bengals NEED to win against Ravens for the division. We are dealing with “what is” at this point not “what could’ve been”.  

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I like that Zac Taylor is not holding back. Like I said in another thread, I hope the Bills are backing them with the vote.

Haven't seen it confirmed, but i've heard Bills voted for the change.