MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

47 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Odd solution: Cancel the KC/Raiders game W18.

That way, the top 3 seeds (KC, Buffalo, Cincinnati) have 16 game. Oakland has nothing to really play for outside of draft seeding, and the results of W18 (Buf v NEP, Cin v Bal) will truly be based on an accurate W/L percentage. 

Edit: Even if Buffalo beat NEP, they'd be 13-3 along with KC, but 5-0 vs 4-2 in division would give KC the tiebreaker.

Might have been said, but the Bills have the head to head over KC.

21 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It wouldn't be fair to them all. Key guys get an extra week to heal up when I have an opportunity to steal seeding from them.

If I'm an NFC team, I'm bristling at the idea of giving Jalen Hurts another week to heal up his shoulder and lock that #1 seed.

Week 18 is played this week. The next week is when the playoff teams get the off week. That would be when the Bills/Bengals play to determine the seeding in the AFC. Playoffs resume from there. Seeding is right and true in both conferences and everybody gets the same amount of rest. The 1 seeds get the bye as well after that. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Well, yeah, but presumably in this case it's because they'd have to amend the CBA and the players would want compensation for having to work an extra week, etc. etc.

Gets irritatingly complicated to open the CBA up early for.

Well 99% of the time they wouldn't actually be working that week. Though I do understand what you're saying.

Bills and Bengals could play on Thursday. Chargers placed vs 4 seed no matter what their seed. If Chiefs win, then Bengals vs Ravens would be played on Tuesday. Bills or Chiefs would host 7 seed on Tuesday, Chiefs possibly on weekend. If Chiefs lose, then loser plays Ravens Tuesday, winner gets bye. They would then ensure the teams that play on Tuesday don't play until Sunday.

28 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

It diminishes the achievement of the 1st seed immensely.

And it is infinitely easier for them to give the Bills a loss and the Bengals a win. The reasoning will be that a Bills player went down.

Please explain to me how playing it out diminishes the achievement of the 1st seed over taking both Buffalo and Cincinnatis shot at it away and giving it to KC?  That diminishes it IMO. Both teams beat KC and both teams lose there shot altogether???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillSabre said:

Please explain to me how playing it out diminishes the achievement of the 1st seed over taking both Buffalo and Cincinnatis shot at it away and giving it to KC?  That diminishes it IMO. Both teams beat KC and both teams lose there shot altogether???

I do not know how else to rephrase what has already been said. ET broke it down better than I can.

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Bills and Bengals could play on Thursday. Chargers placed vs 4 seed no matter what their seed. If Chiefs win, then Bengals vs Ravens would be played on Tuesday. Bills or Chiefs would host 7 seed on Tuesday, Chiefs possibly on weekend. If Chiefs lose, then loser plays Ravens Tuesday, winner gets bye. They would then ensure the teams that play on Tuesday don't play until Sunday.

The Bills hold the tie breaker over the Chiefs. So do the Bengals. That’s why the Bills/Bengals game being played is so important. 

2 minutes ago, Calamity_Cometh said:

I do not know how else to rephrase what has already been said. ET broke it down better than I can.

Well can you quote where he said it so I can read this explanation because I’m very interested to see the explanation how the game being played diminishes the achievement of the 1st seed over KC getting it handed to them. 

Edited by BillSabre
Wrong word