The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

The thing is that Mercer and Jack haven't played well together either when they've been tried. I think Jack requires some very specific type of players at this point. That's why I almost like putting Jack with some of the left overs (maybe Haula and Palat) and putting Timo and Bratt on either side of Boqvist. 

I don't mind Bahl getting big boy minutes, not sure I love the pairing though. There's a major lack of foot speed there for sure. 

I thought they and Sharangovich played well together last year.  Wouldn’t he work well with a shooter and someone who crashes the net. 

6 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I thought they and Sharangovich played well together last year.  Wouldn’t he work well with a shooter and someone who crashes the net. 

I think Sharangovich is on his way out the door, to be honest. I feel like we may see him get squeezed out by those coming up. He's had a really rough year, needs a new deal and is only 2 years away from UFA. I don't know that he gets back into the top 6, so I could definitely see him get moved for like a second round pick this off season. We are going to pinch pennies if we re-sign both Timo and Bratt and we could use the additional draft capital since we gave up so much this deadline. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think Sharangovich is on his way out the door, to be honest. I feel like we may see him get squeezed out by those coming up. He's had a really rough year, needs a new deal and is only 2 years away from UFA. I don't know that he gets back into the top 6, so I could definitely see him get moved for like a second round pick this off season. We are going to pinch pennies if we re-sign both Timo and Bratt and we could use the additional draft capital since we gave up so much this deadline. 

Prob should just pair Timo/Nico and Bratt/Jack. 

Idk why he’s getting pushed out this year. Guy is playing good on specials . Trading him in the off-season is fine. 

Bahl’s emergence likely closes the door on Graves. It’s just bad asset management to re-sign him. 

Dougie

Jonas

Marino

with Hughes, Nemec, Casey and Bahl

16 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Florida is going to catch them IMO.

lol yeah, went out on a limb there. Florida officially in the WC1 spot. Carolina-Florida, New Jersey-NY Rangers, Boston-NY Islanders, Toronto-Tampa Bay. God damn, the East is just a blood bath.

• Like 1

We are going to have to trade bratt. I think this team needs to be thinking about mercer long term on this first contract negotiation. 

Maybe you just sign them both long term and maybe give an asset or something to dump palat after next year. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are going to have to trade bratt. I think this team needs to be thinking about mercer long term on this first contract negotiation. 

Maybe you just sign them both long term and maybe give an asset or something to dump palat after next year. 

I do think we're going to trade him and it's gonna be more due to contentious negotiations and his agent not budging and wanting to go to market. Feel like he's an analytical darling but it doesn't show up on game tape all the time. Mercer's tape probably pops more so his impact will be deemed greater in the long run. 

We need to find partners for Jack tho. Meier and Mercer are likely playing with Nico next year. Hopefully there are some guys in the pipeline but I feel like it's going to be hard to find players that fit him. You'd think Mercer would but for some reason it hasn't popped off. Holtz just doesn't think the game at a high enough level to play with him and he's too slow on his skates. 

You'd hope it's Palat and Bratt internally but I'm not so sure. 

Edited by beekay414

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I do think we're going to trade him and it's gonna be more due to contentious negotiations and his agent not budging and wanting to go to market. Feel like he's an analytical darling but it doesn't show up on game tape all the time. Mercer's tape probably pops more so his impact will be deemed greater in the long run. 

We need to find partners for Jack tho. Meier and Mercer are likely playing with Nico next year. Hopefully there are some guys in the pipeline but I feel like it's going to be hard to find players that fit him. You'd think Mercer would but for some reason it hasn't popped off. Holtz just doesn't think the game at a high enough level to play with him and he's too slow on his skates. 

Bratt for Zacha. 

Get done, fitzy!

21 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I was sitting on that take for a long time, but thought I’d get destroyed saying it. I just don’t see him as a guy to pay the big bucks for. For most of the year he hasn’t been a difference maker. I think he’s highly reliant on Nico/Jack too. 

• Like 1