The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | #FireEveryone

beekay414

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I dunno. I'd like to have that division title banner. Play the playoffs as they come but winning the Metro in what was supposed to be a bubble season would be amazing.

I just know that I'll never remember the division title, tbh. They never stick out to me, so I'd rather give myself the best chance to move forward in the playoffs. I think that is the Rangers just because I think the matchup is better for the Devils, even though I think the Rangers are the better team over the Isles. 

The islanders are heavy, annoying, and have the better goalie and not nearly as much of a cluster defensively at five on five. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I just know that I'll never remember the division title, tbh. They never stick out to me, so I'd rather give myself the best chance to move forward in the playoffs. I think that is the Rangers just because I think the matchup is better for the Devils, even though I think the Rangers are the better team over the Isles. 

The islanders are heavy, annoying, and have the better goalie and not nearly as much of a cluster defensively at five on five. 

I mean, the team has only won 9 division championships in their history. It's a big deal. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, the team has only won 9 division championships in their history. It's a big deal. 

And I really couldn't tell you when those years were because I really don't care. I'm sure for the team they matter, but for me, I just don't. It's pretty binary for me. Make the playoffs or don't. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

And I really couldn't tell you when those years were because I really don't care. I'm sure for the team they matter, but for me, I just don't. It's pretty binary for me. Make the playoffs or don't. 

If we can't beat the Islanders, then that's a problem and we address it going forward. Fitzy won't overcorrect like some other GMs would but we should be the favorite regardless.