The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I don't know why the delay on kahkonen, tbh. Could have grabbed him whenever.  At least Allen makes sense and we know he refused to waive for the devils

I think literally any professional goalie in addition to Kahkonen would've been fine. Our guys were just so in over their heads that literally anyone else would've swayed the season in the right direction. That's how awful it was. It was legendarily awful goaltending. Like "are we the expansion Senators?" level goaltending. 

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There's also a real chance Kevin Bahl isn't on this team next year.

I'm 50/50 on this. 

I think they have so much work to do between goalie and the forward group that I don't know how much work they will do on Defense. I think there's a decent shot that Fitz is going to expect Siegs and Marino to rebound and Nemec + Hughes to get better which will make a huge improvement on the pairs. 

As much money as we have, about half that is going to be taken up by Mercer and a goalie, and then we still need to add probably 3 legit middle 6 guys. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm 50/50 on this. 

I think they have so much work to do between goalie and the forward group that I don't know how much work they will do on Defense. I think there's a decent shot that Fitz is going to expect Siegs and Marino to rebound and Nemec + Hughes to get better which will make a huge improvement on the pairs. 

As much money as we have, about half that is going to be taken up by Mercer and a goalie, and then we still need to add probably 3 legit middle 6 guys. 

There are trade options potentially. I'm just saying, he's been pretty rough this year. I'm not sure how Topias Vilen has been in the AHL (him having played in the ECHL means probably not great) and I'm not sure if Yegor Zaitsev ever comes over (KHL contract is up soon) but we need to address the left side somewhat. We don't have anything behind Luke that's a true top 4 player. It's gonna be a year to year rollercoaster with Siegs and Bahl.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

There are trade options potentially. I'm just saying, he's been pretty rough this year. I'm not sure how Topias Vilen has been in the AHL (him having played in the ECHL means probably not great) and I'm not sure if Yegor Zaitsev ever comes over (KHL contract is up soon) but we need to address the left side somewhat. We don't have anything behind Luke that's a true top 4 player. It's gonna be a year to year rollercoaster with Siegs and Bahl.

I think he's fine in a third pair role. The problem is that he's had to play up far too often this year. Definitely think third pair is mostly his cap. Like, if we made the trade for Markstrom, I'd see if I could grab Pospisil as well and include Bahl for him (not sure if they actually need another dman given how much they added at the deadline). 

If I had to guess, I think it would be Misyul coming up to take his place. Same kind of guy, so I wouldn't mind moving Bahl out for a bottom 6 wing and replacing him with Misyul. Probably don't lose much. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he's fine in a third pair role. The problem is that he's had to play up far too often this year. Definitely think third pair is mostly his cap. Like, if we made the trade for Markstrom, I'd see if I could grab Pospisil as well and include Bahl for him (not sure if they actually need another dman given how much they added at the deadline). 

If I had to guess, I think it would be Misyul coming up to take his place. Same kind of guy, so I wouldn't mind moving Bahl out for a bottom 6 wing and replacing him with Misyul. Probably don't lose much. 

Ideally Siegs would be the 3rd pair guy. 

Just now, Forge said:

Too much talent on the team for the power plays to be this bad

It's a coaching issue. Has been for years. Everyone is too pass happy. That's gotta be coached out of them. Don't look for the perfect shot, get pucks on net. We're too easy to play against on PPs.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

Ideally Siegs would be the 3rd pair guy. 

I don't think they'll do that after one bad year. We will see though. But that's going to become a very expensive defensive group pretty quick. 

But if Bahl is going to play like that, going to have to get him out LOL 

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Bring me Mike Sullivan