The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm largely okay with it as a third line forward, but Fitz basically just committed to not adding a top 6 forward, which could be problematic. Our top 6 is subpar 

We'll see what happens. Mercer's better than he was last year so they could be counting on a bounce back from him. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We'll see what happens. Mercer's better than he was last year so they could be counting on a bounce back from him. 

Yeah but there's still a blank spot in the top 6 with mercer penciled in. 

Palat / Haula is likely playing top 6, and neither should be. 

I would expect the devils to trade for a top 6 wing at the deadline if they are in the playoff hunt (and I would expect them to be). 

They basically are trying to up the forward depth and make us less dependent on the top 6 and improving goaltending / defense. it's not a bad plan, I think it'll work just fine, but for the playoffs they'll have to up the skaters which is pretty easy, tbh. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah but there's still a blank spot in the top 6 with mercer penciled in. 

Palat / Haula is likely playing top 6, and neither should be. 

I would expect the devils to trade for a top 6 wing at the deadline if they are in the playoff hunt (and I would expect them to be). 

They basically are trying to up the forward depth and make us less dependent on the top 6 and improving goaltending / defense. it's not a bad plan, I think it'll work just fine, but for the playoffs they'll have to up the skaters which is pretty easy, tbh. 

Maybe we could use Chicago as a way to reroute salary in a trade for Colton? They have a full roster at the moment and $7 Million on their cap to play with. Probably just talking out my butt but it's a potential option.

• beekay414 changed the title to The Official New Jersey Devils Thread v2.0 | Pesce, Dillon, Noesen and TOMAS TATAR!