BDL Discussion Thread 2023

Jlash

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

This is an oversight, among other things that should be listed there.

That said, it was discussed multiple times during the draft both here and in the Discord, iirc.

Neither of those reasons are really valid as I shouldn't be expected to read it especially if I'm not tagged, but I'm not going to argue for an exception.

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Neither of those reasons are really valid as I shouldn't be expected to read it especially if I'm not tagged, but I'm not going to argue for an exception.

Honestly, a lot of stuff not being clear in the rules is my fault cause I havent gotten around to rewriting them for approval.  I'll get on that soon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I would have been more active in trying to get a trade. I always thought I could get a PFA pick or two at the end once everyone got off their rookie highs.

That’s the value of the chats my dude. We spew thousands of irrelevant content and occasionally drop some valuable valuable nuggets that are worth knowing.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

That’s the value of the chats my dude. We spew thousands of irrelevant content and occasionally drop some valuable valuable nuggets that are worth knowing.

Ya but there is a lot being said. I can't read every page, especially when a lot of it is just shooting the ****.

Something like this.  Like I said, I need to do this for a few other sections for approval at the owner's meeting.

Old Language: 

At the end of the draft, each team submits a wish list of undrafted free agents to a forum member (bcb1213), and, just like for waivers, the player the team ends up getting depends on the draft order and the wish list of other teams. You can sign up to 2 undrafted free agents right after the draft.

The 1st round of the PFA Scramble will follow the normal draft order.

The 2nd round of the PFA Scramble will be a snake of the 1st round in reverse order.

New Language:

Following the NFL Draft, there will be a 2 round PFA draft. The 1st round of the PFA Draft will follow the normal draft order. The 2nd round of the PFA Draft will be in reverse order of the 1st round.

PFA picks can only be traded during the regular BDL draft of that corresponding year. Once the final pick of the BDL Draft has been made, PFA picks are locked in for that year's PFA draft.

• Like 3

from such situation in 2020 draft

I’d like someone to make sure the proposed trade is legal. I’ll pick shortly thereafter.

I thought they could only be traded during the draft draft

I saw it was illegal to do before the draft.

This was something Whicker brought up bc I proposed the offer. Didn’t see anywhere that after the draft was illegal. 

You are correct sir. PFA's were only tradeable during the Draft. After Round 7 they became locked again.

@MD4L The trade isn't viable.

How dare you all nix my trade and force me to do work

Draft post

Troy Pride, CB

Troy Pride was such a good pick I would’ve  traded up to get him 😉 

Good ole Troy Pride.

Anyway, it’s happened to me too a couple years ago. Slipby’s happen to vets too

8 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Ya but there is a lot being said. I can't read every page, especially when a lot of it is just shooting the ****.

The chat, not the thread. I don’t think I posted non picks more than 6-7 times here. But that discord chat has significantly more content.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

The chat, not the thread. I don’t think I posted non picks more than 6-7 times here. But that discord chat has significantly more content.

Same thing honestly. I hardly read it since it's usually not directed at me or is a bunch of talk I'm not too interested in. I only really check it if I'm tagged or clicking through discord.

3 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Same thing honestly. I hardly read it since it's usually not directed at me or is a bunch of talk I'm not too interested in. I only really check it if I'm tagged or clicking through discord.

Can you PM me a few other instances of times when you weren't aware of rules that should have been specified?

Favorite/Least Favorite Picks Per Round

1st
Favorite – Tyree Wilson – Great value at 11.
Least Favorite – JSN – He fits their offense, but he isn’t near the 6th best prospect.

2nd
Favorite – Michael Mayer – They got the most well-rounded, day-1 impact player at TE at 30 overall which they desperately needed.
Least Favorite – Jack Campbell – Not only do I think he goes a bit later than this in the draft, but the trade up makes this worse.

3rd
Favorite – Jalin Hyatt – At the 2nd to last pick in the round, they got a WR who can demand high safety help early in his career.
Least Favorite – Brian Branch – I’m not a Branch fan, and a 1st rounder was given up to acquire him.

4th
Favorite – Will McDonald – I’d have considered him at 33 overall, there’s no reason he should have gone this late.
Least Favorite – Isaiah Foskey – He’s a JAG.  He’ll be an okay player, but he doesn’t do anything particularly well.

5th
Favorite – Hendon Hooker – He’s gonna go in the 1st IRL.  Well worth the pick.
Least Favorite – Jordan Battle – I just think he sucks as a player, had him as the worst safety who got drafted no question.

6th
Favorite – Tyler Steen – He is gonna be a good, solid player regardless of his position in the NFL.
Least Favorite – Kendre Miller – Trading future capital to draft a third RB seems like not the best decision.

7th
Favorite – Tre’Vius Hodges-Tomlinson – He won the Thorpe award and would be a no brainer 1st rounder if he was a few inches taller.  I hope he makes it.
Least Favorite – It’s the 7th round.

• Like 6