The New QB Thread: Who will be the Raiders QB next season?

RaidersAreOne

Who will be the Raiders QB next year?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders starter in 2023

• Derek Carr
    • Tom Brady
    • Jarrett Stidham
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • Aaron Rodgers
    • Baker Mayfield
    • CJ Stroud
    • Bryce Young
    • Will Levis
    • Other (Please Specify)

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'd be cool with buying low on Jordan Love, we'd have him under team control for at least two years on his rookie deal. Could be the perfect addition from a value standpoint, he'd allow us to aggressively address other positions in free agency. I wonder what they'd be looking for in return.

They probably want a 2nd and 4th just for the potential factor and showing progress in his third season, but they aren’t gonna get that. 

QB prices are expensive these days. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

They probably want a 2nd and 4th just for the potential factor and showing progress in his third season, but they aren’t gonna get that. 

QB prices are expensive these days. 

I'd trade a third this year and a conditional pick next year for him, if he balls / starts all season they'd get our 2nd round pick. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd trade a third this year and a conditional pick next year for him, if he balls / starts all season they'd get our 2nd round pick. 

Sounds good to me and actually really fair. Two third round picks, and one of the third round picks can become a second if the Raiders make the playoffs or Love throws 30+ TD’s. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Sounds good to me and actually really fair. Two third round picks, and one of the third round picks can become a second if the Raiders make the playoffs or Love throws 30+ TD’s. 

I saw something on twitter that suggested he could ask for a trade if they bring back Rodgers. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We just made a big trade with them last offseason too. How much would it cost us though and would we be able to absorb his contract?

They were rumoured to be all over Waller right? I wonder if throwing him in as an attractive weapon for Love would get the ball rolling.

16 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

They were rumoured to be all over Waller right? I wonder if throwing him in as an attractive weapon for Love would get the ball rolling.

They reportedly asked for Waller in the Adams trade and then called again right before the trade deadline. Would we be able to afford Rodgers deal though, IIRC it's the biggest contract in the NFL.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We just made a big trade with them last offseason too. How much would it cost us though and would we be able to absorb his contract?

He said he’s willing to adjust the contract watching Pat Mac interview right now

sleeper is Ziegs connections with a carr trade. Jmd is a snake but Ziegs pretty legit around the league I think zieg could secure a trade supposedly he’s really close with Texans fo

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He said he’s willing to adjust the contract watching Pat Mac interview right now

sleeper is Ziegs connections with a carr trade. Jmd is a snake but Ziegs pretty legit around the league I think zieg could secure a trade supposedly he’s really close with Texans fo

He only has a $31M cap hit in 2023 and $40.7M cap hit in 2024, it gets ugly in 2025/2026 when his cap number jumps up to $59.3M / $53.4M. We'd basically be paying him what we would've been paying Carr over the next two years. I'd just be hesitant to give up significant draft capital, especially considering that he might retire after next year. 

I don't think your head coach is very involved in trade talks with other teams regardless or that he's viewed as a "snake" around the league, lol. But Ziegler does seems to be pretty legit with connections around the league, I read that he's super close with the Texans GM. And today there were Carr to Houston predictions but I don't think that makes a ton of sense for either side.