2023 Free Agency

Dessie

Well ya know, pff says...... lol. Don’t care what they say. We need a better line, hopefully the plan is NOT Parker at RT, if so , hopefully munford beats him out. I could live with munford getting his shot, but that RG spot HAS to be improved. Period, end of flippin story!!! 

7 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Well ya know, pff says...... lol. Don’t care what they say. We need a better line, hopefully the plan is NOT Parker at RT, if so , hopefully munford beats him out. I could live with munford getting his shot, but that RG spot HAS to be improved. Period, end of flippin story!!! 

We really might ignore OL again this offseason, it's crazy to me.

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Don’t really count on winning anything this year. I’m just hoping the draft class shows life and the team as a whole takes a jump from coaching/experience. 

The OL did improve throughout the season, so we might add a mid tier vet and draft a OG in the mid rounds again. These guys seem super confident in their ability to draft. Which is crazy since they shipped off a 1 and 2 last year. 

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

The OL did improve throughout the season, so we might add a mid tier vet and draft a OG in the mid rounds again. These guys seem super confident in their ability to draft. Which is crazy since they shipped off a 1 and 2 last year. 

I could see Shaq Mason being someone they target if he ends up getting cut by Tampa. I think they're pretty confident in their ability to identify talent later in the draft / cheaply in free agency and coach them up.

19 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

According to PFF we're currently on the verge of losing one of the best RT's in football. I really think there's a chance that they're confident in Miller / Munford as the OT's and Parker / Herron as the backup OTs.

The Vikings have been getting some good value with the Davenport and Murphy signings.  It would be nice if we had a team that FA's wanted to sign with and would quit signing scrubs.  This offseason is playing out just like I said it would.  

Can you imagine how pissed Adams and Jacobs must be?  Adams has 26M reasons to be somewhat content but I can only imagine he must feel like he got Raidered...  His boy is gone, he has a POS HC and is on a roster that is littered with absolute trash.  The guy is most likely furious as this is not how he pictured his career winding down.  

Jacobs knows that JM will try to run his *** into the ground on a team that has zero chance at making the playoffs.  If I was him there is zero chance I would play one more down for JM  unless he backs in the Brinks truck on a multi year deal. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I could see Shaq Mason being someone they target if he ends up getting cut by Tampa. I think they're pretty confident in their ability to identify talent later in the draft / cheaply in free agency and coach them up.

Shaq got traded for a pick swap to Texans already.. didn’t understand why we weren’t in on that, being a former Patriot and all lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The Vikings have been getting some good value with the Davenport and Murphy signings.  It would be nice if we had a team that FA's wanted to sign with and would quit signing scrubs.  This offseason is playing out just like I said it would.  

Can you imagine how pissed Adams and Jacobs must be?  Adams has 26M reasons to be somewhat content but I can only imagine he must feel like he got Raidered...  His boy is gone, he has a POS HC and is on a roster that is littered with absolute trash.  The guy is most likely furious as this is not how he pictured his career winding down.  

Jacobs knows that JM will try to run his *** into the ground on a team that has zero chance at making the playoffs.  If I was him there is zero chance I would play one more down for JM  unless he backs in the Brinks truck on a multi year deal. 

Davenport was pretty damn terrible for the Saints last season but I like the Murphy contract.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Already traded to the Texans.

Eta - too slow

Edited by Nightmare

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Davenport was pretty damn terrible for the Saints last season but I like the Murphy contract.

He is 26 and had 9 sacks in 21.  Clearly the potential is there and signing him to a 1 year prove it deal like the Vikings did was a smart move.  If he balls out you extend him, if he is a bust you move on.  I like it more than last years signing of a washed 32 year old Jones. to a lot more money.  The MD signing is low risk and high reward the Jones signing was just foolish....