2023 Free Agency

Dessie

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 3:09 PM, bucksavage1 said:

We just signed LB Mykal Walker to the practice squad. I expect him to be on main roster soon

He prolly our 2nd best LB, atleast good enough to be a starter. More balance to the unit 

Starting LB: Deablo, Spillane, Walker 

Reserves: Masterson, Burney 

Cut: Bolton - or even Burney demoted to PS if they want Bolton for special teams 

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He prolly our 2nd best LB, atleast good enough to be a starter. More balance to the unit 

Starting LB: Deablo, Spillane, Walker 

Reserves: Masterson, Burney 

Cut: Bolton - or even Burney demoted to PS if they want Bolton for special teams 

He’s definitely in the top 3 LB for us. Yea, I’d imagine Bolton is gone as Masterson can play ST

Mykal Walker is awful which is why he was cut in Atlanta. He gets a lot of tackles, but they are the trailing variety. Never meets ball carries at the LOS, struggles taking on blocks. Falcons eventually benched him last season and didn't want him as a backup. Went to a weak Chicago team, was cut and been a street FA since. 

Wouldn't get my hopes up he adds anything. He's a backup LB who will be a liability if he's forced to start. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Mykal Walker is awful which is why he was cut in Atlanta. He gets a lot of tackles, but they are the trailing variety. Never meets ball carries at the LOS, struggles taking on blocks. Falcons eventually benched him last season and didn't want him as a backup. Went to a weak Chicago team, was cut and been a street FA since. 

Wouldn't get my hopes up he adds anything. He's a backup LB who will be a liability if he's forced to start. 

Not as rangy as we need for our defense didn’t know about the tackling but I agree 

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

yet he is our 3rd best LB, and maybe our 2nd best.