2023 Free Agency

Dessie

11 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

And we “got” chandler for  how much?

Every team has bad FA signings. I do agree, you should not pay guys who's best football is behind them. But nobody argued at the time. He's been a HOF caliber player up until hitting the age wall last year. 

Regardless, still not a fan of giving 50 mil guaranteed to a LB unless they are an elite pass rusher. What does living up to that contract look like for Edmunds? 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, big_palooka said:

The Bears "got" Edmunds for 4 / 72 with 50 mil guaranteed.....

I like Edmunds to, but that is an absurd price for a LB. 

Agreed. We've seen how spending on solid pieces from elite defenses has worked out for us in the past. (Littleton, Joyner, etc.)

• Like 3

On 8/14/2023 at 4:25 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

And we “got” chandler for  how much?

At the time getting rid of Nag and getting Jones I thought was a good move being we changed defenses. Hopefully we will get a good season out of him but not too good. lol  Saw Wifi Willie talking about KC's Chris Jones and how KC probably has interest in Jacobs if we recind the tag. I'd want to keep Jacobs but honestly if we traded the two and extended Chris Jones I'd be good as long as we can get out in two years. He'd make our LB's look good. lol   

Edited by G

9 hours ago, G said:

At the time getting rid of Nag and getting Jones I thought was a good move being we changed defenses. Hopefully we will get a good season out of him but not too good. lol  Saw Wifi Willie talking about KC's Chris Jones and how KC probably has interest in Jacobs if we recind the tag. I'd want to keep Jacobs but honestly if we traded the two and extended Chris Jones I'd be good as long as we can get out in two years. He'd make our LB's look good. lol   

Meh I love Chris Jones but he wants Aaron Donald $ if we could move chandlers $ I’d be all for it. Jones not gonna help our lbs tackle in space tho lol

On 8/17/2023 at 11:25 PM, G said:

There's a 0% chance that they'd trade him to us.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2023 at 5:51 PM, big_palooka said:

The Bears "got" Edmunds for 4 / 72 with 50 mil guaranteed.....

I like Edmunds to, but that is an absurd price for a LB. 

Yeah…. He’s a nice LB but not worth that.  He’ll play 2, maybe 3 years of that deal before being released.

On 8/15/2023 at 3:55 AM, big_palooka said:

Every team has bad FA signings. I do agree, you should not pay guys who's best football is behind them. But nobody argued at the time. He's been a HOF caliber player up until hitting the age wall last year. 

Regardless, still not a fan of giving 50 mil guaranteed to a LB unless they are an elite pass rusher. What does living up to that contract look like for Edmunds? 

I believe I did argue against it.

• Like 1