2023 Free Agency

Dessie

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is 26 and had 9 sacks in 21.  Clearly the potential is there and signing him to a 1 year prove it deal like the Vikings did was a smart move.  If he balls out you extend him, if he is a bust you move on.  I like it more than last years signing of a washed 32 year old Jones. to a lot more money.  The MD signing is low risk and high reward the Jones signing was just foolish....

We should've just kept Gus Bradley and let him continue to add guys to his scheme. The Chandler and Nichols contracts both look pretty damn suspect as of now though.

Just now, NYRaider said:

We should've just kept Gus Bradley and let him continue to add guys to his scheme. The Chandler and Nichols contracts both look pretty damn suspect as of now though.

At least the D under Bradly wasn't a complete embarrassment.  The D last year was absolute trash.  If Jimmy G has to play with a similar D next year we absolutely will be picking top 3.  Jimmy G is a ******* bum but at least JM has no more excuses.  He is building his team, his way LOL

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

At least the D under Bradly wasn't a complete embarrassment.  The D last year was absolute trash.  If Jimmy G has to play with a similar D next year we absolutely will be picking top 3.  Jimmy G is a ******* bum but at least JM has no more excuses.  He is building his team, his way LOL

Bradley showed that he could identify guys that fit well into what he was trying to do. Having that continuity going into last year would've been nice as we likely would've been able to retain guys like Hayward, Jefferson, etc. Plus guys like Deablo, Hobbs, and Moehrig all looked significantly better under Bradley than they did under Graham.

I think Jimmy is pretty solid though, if we're able to protect him he has the weapons he needs to succeed.

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Win/win. If Jimmy stays healthy and balls out we have our QB at a very reasonable contract. If he totally sucks we ride another bad season to a top pick in a probable loaded QB class. 

I’d still like to resign Elu, Perryman, Billings, Rock and Harmon, modest 1-2 year deals.. draft their eventual replacements this year and ‘24 draft.. but I’m not going to bash the roster construction until we see how the draft plays out.. With 12 picks, we can maneuver and either collect more 2024 picks or trade up in certain rounds and walk away with a solid 8-10 rookies, some starters and some for back end of the roster depth. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Win/win. If Jimmy stays healthy and balls out we have our QB at a very reasonable contract. If he totally sucks we ride another bad season to a top pick in a probable loaded QB class. 

If ****ting the bed next year lands us an elite Qb I'm all for it.  The big question is who will be his HC because if we are picking top three the chances of JM surviving are slim to none. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The problem last year was the offense and defense could both never play a complete game.. we’d start well on both sides and have solid leads at half time, then the O was stagnant and the defense would fall apart or vice versa.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

I’d still like to resign Elu, Perryman, Billings, Rock and Harmon, modest 1-2 year deals.. draft their eventual replacements this year and ‘24 draft.. but I’m not going to bash the roster construction until we see how the draft plays out.. With 12 picks, we can maneuver and either collect more 2024 picks or trade up in certain rounds and walk away with a solid 8-10 rookies, some starters and some for back end of the roster depth. 

of those 12 picks 8 of them are 4th round and beyond.  If we can land one quality starter out of those 8 picks that is a win.  Expecting anything more is foolish and expecting anything more than one of them making an impact year one is unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If ****ting the bed next year lands us an elite Qb I'm all for it.  The big question is who will be his HC because if we are picking top three the chances of JM surviving are slim to none. 

It's a valid question. If we get curb stomped all season I don't see how Davis could possibly retain McDaniels. And then it's an awkward situation with Ziegler too who may get the boot as well.

If we blow I do hope we do a hard reset AGAIN.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

It's a valid question. If we get curb stomped all season I don't see how Davis could possibly retain McDaniels. And then it's an awkward situation with Ziegler too who may get the boot as well.

If we blow I do hope we do a hard reset AGAIN.

I hope we do a hard reset too but I have little to no faith in Lloyd Christmas hiring a quality coach.  For ****s sake look at that fools haircut.  If he looks in the mirror in the morning and thinks he nailed that look we are in for a long and bumpy road as long as he is making the calls. 

11 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

of those 12 picks 8 of them are 4th round and beyond.  If we can land one quality starter out of those 8 picks that is a win.  Expecting anything more is foolish and expecting anything more than one of them making an impact year one is unrealistic. 

They literally got a quality starter from their first pick last year who was a 3rd rounder let's see what happens with a full freaking draft.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Having all of those picks gives us the flexibility to move around.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Having all of those picks gives us the flexibility to move around.

5th round picks and beyond are essentially useless if you're talking about moving up in the 1st or 2nd round.  The odds of any player drafted 5th and beyond still being in the NFL after year three is less than 10 percent.  

I will give Ziegler through the weekend. He made big moves on Thursday/Friday of last year. He also might be trying to work trades, like last year. Let's give him a little time. He could come through on some really good defensive FA's still avaliable.

Plus Champ Kelly is in the building for the draft. We could get some absolute studs on defense let's see how it plays out.

• Like 2