2023 Draft Prospects (Google Sheets) - New 2024 QB Worksheet

Karnage84

24 minutes ago, General Tso said:

There's a couple guys on this list that we've identified as 'Lions-friendly'. 

• QB - Haener: He's not someone that I've highlighted. He has below average size (6'0, 207 lbs) and arm talent. He's going to be a career backup at best. He's getting Brock Prudy comps.  Purdy is 6'1, 220 lbs. McKee lands on this list as does Tune and O'Connell. These are guys I like more than Haener (especially McKee) to potentially develop into something.
  • RB - Roschon Johnson: He certainly could be a guy that we see. Nate Tice has his him comped to Samaje Perine. His ceiling/story feels similar to Miles Sanders - a guy that can be a starter in a rotation but has his limitations. He backed up Bijan at Texas while Sanders backed up Barkley at Penn State. Interesting to see Bijan himself along with Hull. 
  • WR - Wilson: He's absolutely someone I have my eye on and hope that he becomes a Lion. Where they would take him would tell me what his medicals say - if he's a day 3 guy then his health is always going to be a question mark. The list includes some smaller guys that are likely to go fairly early on. Lions have spent a lot of time with Bell. 
  • TE - Mayer: I want nothing to do with Mayer. The guys that I'll listen to talk about Mayer's blocking is probably overhyped and his receiving is underhyped. He's been comped with TJ Hockenson. Outside of just the money, I feel like the Lions felt Hock's blocking was subpar and he wasn't as strong of a receiver to ignore that element. Which is why I'd rather take Washington who is an elite-level blocker with room to grow as a receiver. You're getting something elite as a floor and can build off of it. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K7W7UgqZQ4qIT20_lmpO3WH8R3BAtYJNwHwoMNX1Aow/edit?usp=sharing

New worksheet

2024 QB Class. Trying to highlight some guys that showed up last year who might be draft eligible and make some noise. 

I have 93 prospects - some guys are showing as Freshman, some as Juniors, some as Seniors. The designation (FR, SO, JR, SR) are from 2023, all stats are from 2023, etc. 

Edited by Karnage84

On 4/24/2023 at 8:47 AM, Karnage84 said:

There's a couple guys on this list that we've identified as 'Lions-friendly'. 

• QB - Haener: He's not someone that I've highlighted. He has below average size (6'0, 207 lbs) and arm talent. He's going to be a career backup at best. He's getting Brock Prudy comps.  Purdy is 6'1, 220 lbs. McKee lands on this list as does Tune and O'Connell. These are guys I like more than Haener (especially McKee) to potentially develop into something.
  • RB - Roschon Johnson: He certainly could be a guy that we see. Nate Tice has his him comped to Samaje Perine. His ceiling/story feels similar to Miles Sanders - a guy that can be a starter in a rotation but has his limitations. He backed up Bijan at Texas while Sanders backed up Barkley at Penn State. Interesting to see Bijan himself along with Hull. 
  • WR - Wilson: He's absolutely someone I have my eye on and hope that he becomes a Lion. Where they would take him would tell me what his medicals say - if he's a day 3 guy then his health is always going to be a question mark. The list includes some smaller guys that are likely to go fairly early on. Lions have spent a lot of time with Bell. 
  • TE - Mayer: I want nothing to do with Mayer. The guys that I'll listen to talk about Mayer's blocking is probably overhyped and his receiving is underhyped. He's been comped with TJ Hockenson. Outside of just the money, I feel like the Lions felt Hock's blocking was subpar and he wasn't as strong of a receiver to ignore that element. Which is why I'd rather take Washington who is an elite-level blocker with room to grow as a receiver. You're getting something elite as a floor and can build off of it

Spot on.   I think his block is subpar.  He reminds me so much of Hock.  I think he's going to be a good player.  But just good.  Don't think I'd sink a first round pick on Mayer.

2 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Spot on.   I think his block is subpar.  He reminds me so much of Hock.  I think he's going to be a good player.  But just good.  Don't think I'd sink a first round pick on Mayer.

So now the big question mark on Washington is his health. He's been dropped by a few teams due to medicals (and minor character concerns, whatever that means). So he's likely going to be there at 48 or even 55. I'd still take the chance depending on the concerns