2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

As of today i am done talking about Jimmy G, Carr, Rodgers, Jones, there is not one thing we can do to change anything. All we can do sit around and wait to be gang raped. The longer we sit around the worst it is going to get for us. Our only hope is that Woody & Douglas, can pull a rabbit out of their hat. That is our best chance.

That’s on them to already have a plan a, b and c. And refuse to hit a plan after that.

Gage what Rodgers will do, cost, etc these next 2 weeks. If no ground or commitments can be made. Turn to Carr. And make that rare for him to guarantee him (this is likely within the 2 days after the SB). If traded elsewhere. Then we really have to go all in for option c. If Carr hits FA bc he got cut. He needs to be still be option b

JD will have to be aggressive in the QB search. Raiders, Saints, Buccs, Pats, 49ers(a temp vet or Rodgers), Commanders, Packers (if Rodgers retire), and Colts could all be in the market to add another QB. It's not going to be easy. We're going to have to pay up no matter who we aim for. 

45 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

JD will have to be aggressive in the QB search. Raiders, Saints, Buccs, Pats, 49ers(a temp vet or Rodgers), Commanders, Packers (if Rodgers retire), and Colts could all be in the market to add another QB. It's not going to be easy. We're going to have to pay up no matter who we aim for. 

I think he’s shown recently he can be very aggressive. Hill, Deebo, trading up early last year twice. He’ll be aggressive.

As a fan base we should want whatever will keep JD around.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he’s shown recently he can be very aggressive. Hill, Deebo, trading up twice early last year twice. He’ll be aggressive.

As a fan base we should want whatever will keep JD around.

I believe he will be. Just preparing other fans who suddenly want to be cheap at QB. He's going to be aggressive and who ever we get won't be cheap. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Packers are very unlikely to be in the QB market for anything other than a veteran backup if they move on from Aaron Rodgers.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rodgers has a direct line to the 49ers now. 

Purdy wasn't the issue.  Trey Lance is/was.  Right now, the 49ers don't have any draft picks above the late 3rd round, so pretty much any team that might have interest in Rodgers can offer better picks the 49ers.  And future picks are probably projected to be late already even before Rodgers.  So the 49ers would either need to find a 3rd team to take on Trey Lance and send pick(s) to Green Bay OR overwhelm the Packers with future picks.

Just now, rickyt31 said:

We'll be in the same market if we were to miss on the top QBs available.  

I'm talking about Gardner Mishnew as the "high-end" of the QB market for Green Bay.  Odds are they're probably looking at guys like Andy Dalton, Chase Daniel, or Brandon Allen.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm talking about Gardner Mishnew as the "high-end" of the QB market for Green Bay.  Odds are they're probably looking at guys like Andy Dalton, Chase Daniel, or Brandon Allen.

If we miss on the top QBs, we will be in the same market. Rodgers could retire,  LJ could be resigned,  Carr could head to another team, and Jimmy could head to a team like the Raiders. 

If there isn't a top-20 qb available for trade, there is a good chance we're going to be looking at the same vets to battle White. Slim chance we trade up to draft another QB. 

Edited by rickyt31

Just now, rickyt31 said:

If we miss on the top QBs, we will be in the same market. Rodgers could retire,  LJ could be resigned,  Carr could head to another team, and Jimmy could head to a team like the Raiders. 

If there isn't a top-20 qb available for trade, there is a good chance we're going to be looking at the same vets to battle White. Slim chance we trade up to draft another QB. 

I feel like Jimmy G is the Jets floor for a QB.  I don't see how Woody Johnson doesn't walk away from the offseason without a veteran QB added.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I feel like Jimmy G is the Jets floor for a QB.  I don't see how Woody Johnson doesn't walk away from the offseason without a veteran QB added.

JG being the floor is what everyone is hoping for but there are a lot of teams who will be bidding for it. If he likes Vegas, Josh McDaniels, Adams, Waller, and Jacobs... no one could blame him. 

If they are all gone, we're not going into next season with just White and Wilson. They'll bring in someone.  Even if it's Minshew. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Purdy wasn't the issue.  Trey Lance is/was.  Right now, the 49ers don't have any draft picks above the late 3rd round, so pretty much any team that might have interest in Rodgers can offer better picks the 49ers.  And future picks are probably projected to be late already even before Rodgers.  So the 49ers would either need to find a 3rd team to take on Trey Lance and send pick(s) to Green Bay OR overwhelm the Packers with future picks.

Rodgers has a pseudo NTC. If he wants to go to San Francisco he’s gonna end up there. No team is gonna trade for him if he doesn’t wanna be there and if the Packers don’t play ball then what? Just let him sit at home and collect a check? 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Rodgers has a pseudo NTC. If he wants to go to San Francisco he’s gonna end up there. No team is gonna trade for him if he doesn’t wanna be there and if the Packers don’t play ball then what? Just let him sit at home and collect a check? 

Except he doesn't.  He's got the threat of retirement as his leverage.  And if I'm Gutekunst and the 49ers don't have a good enough offer, I'd wish him a happy retirement.  Remember, Green Bay doesn't have to trade him.  If they can get good value for him and they're ready to move onto Jordan Love, then Rodgers is moveable.  But they could easily run it back with Rodgers as their starting QB.

I believe JD will be aggressive but there are certain things out of his control unless he trade for Carr and Carr wants to be a Jet. 

If Rodgers doesn't want to follow Favre's footsteps and retire,  it's going to take more than Hackett to change his mind. 

If the Raiders trade Carr to another team and sign Jimmy, no one can blame Jimmy for going there. His old coach,  Vegas, and crazy talent on offense.  

LJ is likely a Raven and Brady is DONE done. There aren't a lot of options after that. If any of them are interested,  then JD has to pay up.

I can't take another struggle season and listen others ask why no players or coaches want to come here. Do what you gotta do, JD. Who ever is interested in us, go for it. 

Edited by rickyt31