2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Carr and the Jets were always going to explore each other. They would be foolish not to, I wouldn’t read into it so much.

Of course you should. Carr’s first visit as a FA is to us. Our first stab at the veteran qb market which everyone at the team is saying is the way forward is Derek Carr. 

Even if it’s just due diligence it shows everyone that both parties are interested in eachother. This can do wonders in negotiating….especially to squeeze GB for Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

Of course you should. Carr’s first visit as a FA is to us. Our first stab at the veteran qb market which everyone at the team is saying is the way forward is Derek Carr. 

Even if it’s just due diligence it shows everyone that both parties are interested in eachother. This can do wonders in negotiating….especially to squeeze GB for Rodgers. 

I just mean Carr was always going to visit the Jets and it likely has little to do with Rodgers. Carr is probably #2 on their list though. Could also be Carr doing the same thing to NO.

12 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I just mean Carr was always going to visit the Jets and it likely has little to do with Rodgers. Carr is probably #2 on their list though. Could also be Carr doing the same thing to NO.

The timing isn’t that bad though now.

Carr visits tomorrow and Sunday and Rodgers likely makes an announcement Monday or Tuesday about his plans. If it’s to get traded… ASAP you make an offer for Rodgers that we think is what he’s worth. If they don’t like it and we’re far apart. Close something with Carr rather fast.

I only see those 2 as QBs that have us as legit threats to win the SB. So we go options after that. And I think we’re just getting better at QB but not a huge threat for a SB.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Carr visits tomorrow and Sunday and Rodgers likely makes an announcement Monday or Tuesday about his plans. If it’s to get traded… ASAP you make an offer for Rodgers that we think is what he’s worth. If they don’t like it and we’re far apart. Close something with Carr rather fast.

I only see those 2 as QBs that have us as legit threats to win the SB. So we go options after that. And I think we’re just getting better at QB but not a huge threat for a SB.

Yeah I’ll never get behind the idea that we are a threat to win a Super Bowl with Hackett and Carr especially when you look at the QBs who have won the AFC going back like 22 years. The worst was prime Joe Flacco and he went on that infamous playoff tear. Would be nice, but I sincerely doubt it.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah I’ll never get behind the idea that we are a threat to win a Super Bowl with Hackett and Carr especially when you look at the QBs who have won the AFC going back like 22 years. The worst was prime Joe Flacco and he went on that infamous playoff tear. Would be nice, but I sincerely doubt it.

I think the way our team is built and with good to great QB play. We can beat anyone. We beat BUF with the worst starting QB in the league. And almost beat them again with a bad QB. We aren’t as far away if get good QB play. Both those NE games we win easily win with good QB play. And maybe even a couple more games as well. Like MIN and others.

We’re a lot closer than I think some think. We literally were a team only held back by nad QB play. Add guys on the OL coming back and Hall and we easily can compete with QB play

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think the way our team is built and with good to great QB play. We can beat anyone. We beat BUF with the worst starting QB in the league. And almost beat them again with a bad QB. We aren’t as far away if get good QB play. Both those NE games we win easily win with good QB play. And maybe even a couple more games as well. Like MIN and others.

We’re a lot closer than I think some think. We literally were a team only held back by nad QB play. Add guys on the OL coming back and Hall and we easily can compete with QB play

We’ll find out 

The games we won this season came behind average to great QB play except Denver where we didn’t get much going. People have to stop acting like our wins were with awful QB play. Hell even some of losses(Detroit, Minnesota, New England 1) came with good QB play we just made mistakes. Games can flip in ways no one imagines, especially year over year. 

I definitely see our defense taking a step or two back because we put some bad tendencies on tape teams will exploit. How Saleh and Ulbrich adjust will be huge. 

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Which is why I said I know it isn’t ideal. But somehow no one can read. 

You all know how I feel about Rodgers so something like you propose would be my limit as well. For those who believe he is worth #13 plus more are forgetting his contract and very high potential to not fulfill his contract leaving the Jets in bad cap shape.  If Rodgers was 5 years younger and not talking about retiring the last two seasons then he would certainly be worth a FRP and more.

I guess it all boils down to the fact that I do not believe he will lead this team to a SB anymore so than the other QB’s we are talking about.  Apparently, many of you think differently. That’s cool.

46 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The games we won this season came behind average to great QB play except Denver where we didn’t get much going. People have to stop acting like our wins were with awful QB play. Hell even some of losses(Detroit, Minnesota, New England 1) came with good QB play we just made mistakes. Games can flip in ways no one imagines, especially year over year. 

I definitely see our defense taking a step or two back because we put some bad tendencies on tape teams will exploit. How Saleh and Ulbrich adjust will be huge. 

This just isn’t true. Obviously any win is a win. But that doesn’t mean it had anything to do with the QB.

How about the GB game we won. Can’t remember the exact stats… but Wilson if I remember correctly didn’t even throw for 120yds and only had like 10 completions.

How is that average to great?

51 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

People have to stop acting like our wins were with awful QB play. Hell even some of losses(Detroit, Minnesota, New England 1) came with good QB play we just made mistakes.

It is more about our losses with awful QB and O play. I truly believe we win those two NE games and the Minny game and the Detroit game if we had any of the QB’s we are discussing. That would have put us 11-6 and in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, xrade said:

It is more about our losses with awful QB and O play. I truly believe we win those two NE games and the Minny game and the Detroit game if we had any of the QB’s we are discussing. That would have put us 11-6 and in the playoffs.

Those games were on par with those guys produced most of the season tho. Look at Carr’s game against New England for example. Rodgers needed a miracle to beat New England. 

Rodgers had a 3 interception game against Detroit and then lost in week 18, Zach had better numbers against Detroit than Rodgers did. 

Rodgers lost 23-7 to Minnesota and in the win he went 15/24 for 159. Mike White threw for 369 on 57 passes but still. 

Carr went 20/38 for 231 3 TDs 1 pick against NE, Zach went 20/41 for 355 2 touchdowns 3 picks against NE. Difference being the licks but Zach moved the ball down the field on multiple drives and don’t forget JFMs RTP that took away a pick 6 which was primarily the back breaker.

So yeah even with those guys based on their performances against those teams we don’t get better play than what we got. Obviously it’s a numbers thing I’m posting but you get the point. 

7 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Like I said it’s partly because both parties would do a deal and be happy but also to him leverage in other negotiations. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah I think the timings will be ‘okay’. Ideally we’d know for sure now about Rodgers that way if Carr is the best qb available according to our FO then he quite simply doesn’t leave the building until the deal is done.

If Rodgers comes out of hiding and says he wants the raiders for example and by this point Carr has gone on another visit we could be in trouble

A few things; 

Firstly I have to push back on this narrative about winning with bad qbs. I will leave @KingOfNewYorkto look after Zach but for me Mike White gets a lot of shade around here. 

-First game he throws for 3tds and 315 yards with no turnovers, and we just ran the ball for the most of the fourth quarter because the game was done. 

-We then walk into Minnesota who were ranked as a top 5 team. He throws for 369 yards, rushes for a TD and marches up and down on them all game. His turnovers were tipped passes if my memory recalls. Don’t forget Berrios dropping that pass in the end zone that would have won the game. 

-Away to Buffalo next (another top 5 team) in awful weather conditions. Still throws for 268 yards with no turnovers and is in/out of the game with broken ribs and all kinds. Toughs it out and deserved a win only for Flacco to commit the turnovers when he’s in the game 😒

-Plays in Seattle which is another difficult place to play. Ribs are ****ed but again for the team he tries to rush back. He doesn’t play well and only throws for 240 yards. I might add our defense got ran over that first half too and completely **** the bed. 

So all in all my two questions are; 

Would a healthy Mike White who gets all starting reps in TC and preseason take us to the playoffs next year? 

Also if both Rodgers and Carr wanted to join the Jets. The compensation for Rodgers is (13) and a conditional pick next year.
Would you take Carr, the player at 13 and whoever in 2024 plus the knowledge he will play out his contract unlike Rodgers. Or would you take the sure fire future HOF?