2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

23 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One of them is gonna complain, maybe two. We’re a run first team so there won’t be enough targets to go around unfortunately. 

With Rodgers at quarterback I think he’s feed them all. Obviously if we didn’t grab AR then obj wouldn’t come here regardless.  

15 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

With Rodgers at quarterback I think he’s feed them all. Obviously if we didn’t grab AR then obj wouldn’t come here regardless.  

When has Rodgers ever fed 3 receivers in a run first offense?

Moore will be on the first thing smoking out of here when he goes a game with 2 targets.

42 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

One of them is gonna complain, maybe two. We’re a run first team so there won’t be enough targets to go around unfortunately. 

We're a run first team with Zach, we are not a run first team with A-Rod.

24 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

We're a run first team with Zach, we are not a run first team with A-Rod.

Packers last 3 seasons

2020- 24th in passing attempts, 12th in rushing attempts

2021- 15th in passing attempts(Jets were 13th), 17th in rushing attempts(Jets were 32nd)

2022- 18th in passing attempts(Jets were 6th), 15th in rushing attempts(Jets were 26th)

It's not really hard to look these things up before posting stuff like you did to knock the kid. 

Either way let's say it'll be more balanced than anything but still these Shanahan style offenses aren't really designed to have 3 guys eating. There has to be some sacrifice for the good of the offense. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork

24 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

When has Rodgers ever fed 3 receivers in a run first offense?

Moore will be on the first thing smoking out of here when he goes a game with 2 targets.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were much more balanced having a top qb at our disposal. Having to hide expanding our passing game with Zach, Sam and the other young qbs we’ve had won’t be the same with AR. 

It will be great to see teams stack the box and let AR go to work or in fact they drop off and Breece just runs wild. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Packers last 3 seasons

2020- 24th in passing attempts, 12th in rushing attempts

2021- 15th in passing attempts(Jets were 13th), 17th in rushing attempts(Jets were 32nd)

2022- 18th in passing attempts(Jets were 6th), 15th in rushing attempts(Jets were 26th)

It's not really hard to look these things up before posting stuff like you did to knock the kid. 

Either way let's say it'll be more balanced than anything but still these Shanahan style offenses aren't really designed to have 3 guys eating. There has to be some sacrifice for the good of the offense. 

Those are all relative statistics. Go find me the pass:run ratio. 

I did it for you actually:

2020 - 54.3% pass, 45.7% run

2021 - 57.1% pass, 42.9% run

2022 - 55.3% pass, 44.7% run

8 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we were much more balanced having a top qb at our disposal. Having to hide expanding our passing game with Zach, Sam and the other young qbs we’ve had won’t be the same with AR. 

It will be great to see teams stack the box and let AR go to work or in fact they drop off and Breece just runs wild. 

It's not necessarily about hiding things, it's just how Saleh has said he wants to play and how Hackett has ran his offenses. I mean we can't just ignore it. I do think the passing game will be more efficient obviously. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It's not necessarily about hiding things, it's just how Saleh has said he wants to play and how Hackett has ran his offenses. I mean we can't just ignore it. I do think the passing game will be more efficient obviously. 

The numbers clearly show that Hackett is pass first.

Just now, jetjuice said:

Lol and by the laws of mathematics, it's pass first.

It's never that simple but obviously around here we have these debates. 

Run first is emphasizing the run FIRST. Jets will keep the ball on the ground if its working, that's their goal. Those are Saleh's words not mine. Run the ball, play defense, have a good special teams. That's how he wants to carry it. 

6 teams in the league had more runs than passes, you think only 6 coaches have a run first mentality?

The stats will obviously balance out depending on what teams do in the 2 minute drill, most teams are passing to get a quick score for example but that's just the nature of football. 

But let's look another way since this is about how much Rodgers will spread it out. Adams has far exceeded(more than double) his teammates in terms of yards and targets. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It's never that simple but obviously around here we have these debates. 

Run first is emphasizing the run FIRST. Jets will keep the ball on the ground if its working, that's their goal. Those are Saleh's words not mine. Run the ball, play defense, have a good special teams. That's how he wants to carry it. 

6 teams in the league had more runs than passes, you think only 6 coaches have a run first mentality?

The stats will obviously balance out depending on what teams do in the 2 minute drill, most teams are passing to get a quick score for example but that's just the nature of football. 

But let's look another way since this is about how much Rodgers will spread it out. Adams has far exceeded(more than double) his teammates in terms of yards and targets. 

Even by your standards, Hackett is closer to middle of the pack than a clear run-first team.

Saleh is saying all that without Rodgers at QB. His tune is going to change when you have a top 5 all-time QB on your team throwing to the OROY.

11 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Even by your standards, Hackett is closer to middle of the pack than a clear run-first team.

Saleh is saying all that without Rodgers at QB. His tune is going to change when you have a top 5 all-time QB on your team throwing to the OROY.

His tune is literally not. That just isn't how it works. He literally said he just wants the Quarterback to have to make something happen 10-15 times game, he wants a safe, don't lose the game offense which Rodgers can provide and then when we need him to win us a game hopefully he can do that. I'm not making this up, these are his own words. And before you say why would he give away his strategy well he did the same on defense lol. Send 4, drop 7 and he does it exactly how he said it.