2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

20m at the moment.

Was just looking at the amount of guys that never see the field for us getting around the 1mill mark is crazy. We can easily shed 10-15mill in just cutting guys we barely even know who they are. Or they never play. Replace them with guys 1/2 the price. That’s an easy way to shed 7-9mill. A guy like Davis alone saves us nearly 3mill when we just got Clark and have Parks, he’s not needed. Easy cut candidate now. Restructure whitehead maybe to create a few mill. Just with Davis and whitehead we can save a ton. That money can maybe pay Rankins and Huff alone. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Was just looking at the amount of guys that never see the field for us getting around the 1mill mark is crazy. We can easily shed 10-15mill in just cutting guys we barely even know who they are. Or they never play. Replace them with guys 1/2 the price. That’s an easy way to shed 7-9mill. A guy like Davis alone saves us nearly 3mill when we just got Clark and have Parks, he’s not needed. Easy cut candidate now. Restructure whitehead maybe to create a few mill. Just with Davis and whitehead we can save a ton. That money can maybe pay Rankins and Huff alone. 

Now I don't know if Jets will actually cut Davis because Rodgers is kind of a prick when it comes to WR corp.  Veteran is required there.   Maybe Jets can extend Davis's contract to make it cap friendly or something like that.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Now I don't know if Jets will actually cut Davis because Rodgers is kind of a prick when it comes to WR corp.  Veteran is required there.   Maybe Jets can extend Davis's contract to make it cap friendly or something like that.

Wouldn’t at all mind keeping Davis around bc when he’s healthy he’s very valuable. And given his skill set within restructure. He’s a bargain. Maybe we fade away Mims if we keep Davis to save a few mill along with a Davis restructure. I think think we’re bringing in a legit WR if Todgers is here

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Wouldn’t at all mind keeping Davis around bc when he’s healthy he’s very valuable. And given his skill set within restructure. He’s a bargain. Maybe we fade away Mims if we keep Davis to save a few mill along with a Davis restructure. I think think we’re bringing in a legit WR if Todgers is here

I hope Jets find a legit "non ME" WR.    Davis fits that mold but his health status sucks.

We are now 20 Mill under the cap now and Rodgers is 16 mill. Might happen now. Tomlinson, Reed and Coklin all restructure to make the space. Now talks are to rework Lawson and Davis. I think this is the best way to do it. Davis is a good deal and can walk next year. Lawson i would not mind a restucture because it is hard to find a good edge and he is good too. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean a lot of these guys can move around and play wherever. OBJ is a perfect example of this. 

OBJ is pure out wide.   zero slot lined up as I can remember.  need to recheck to confirm.

edit:  correction- OBJ may play at slot but small percentage. 

Edited by JetsandI

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

oh absolutely.    I still wonder when he lined up at slot, was it frequently for decoy play?

It would make sense that he hasn’t lined up in the slot much bc of his recent teams and who played with him. Woods I thought was mainly the a lot guy in LA. Landry in CLE. But a lot of systems move guys around.