2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

Just now, KimuraGod said:

Free safety, Centre and defensive tackle need to be addressed. I was sure we would have brought a few guys in irrespective of the Rodgers deal. 

Need a Tackle as well and a running back. Another linebacker too but I’m sure that’ll be Kwon on a 1 year deal.

I know Spotrac can be iffy, but if we restructure Mosley's salary to base, cut Lawson, Brown, Davis, and whitehead, it's showing we'll have $61M in cap space. The only person I care about on that list is Lawson. I think he will be better, the question is if we need him. 

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I know Spotrac can be iffy, but if we restructure Mosley's salary to base, cut Lawson, Brown, Davis, and whitehead, it's showing we'll have $61M in cap space. The only person I care about on that list is Lawson. I think he will be better, the question is if we need him. 

They’re not gonna cut Brown.

Whitehead and CD seem likely though, Clark is better than Whitehead and CD has a large cap number and they signed a guy to take his spot unless we got Lazard-CD-Wilson and move Moore. 

I kinda think post draft they’ll make some decisions. Right now we should let the market play out.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

They’re not gonna cut Brown.

Whitehead and CD seem likely though, Clark is better than Whitehead and CD has a large cap number and they signed a guy to take his spot unless we got Lazard-CD-Wilson and move Moore. 

I kinda think post draft they’ll make some decisions. Right now we should let the market play out.

Why wouldn't they cut Brown? They'll at least get him to take a pay cut or restructure. 

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Why wouldn't they cut Brown? They'll at least get him to take a pay cut or restructure. 

Look at his contract. He’s got like 3 void years. 

And Saleh spoke way too highly of him and we don’t have a LT we can count on right now either. Maybe he’s cut if someone steps in camp but Becton is not to be relied upon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s not that simple. They have to spend the money regardless so they should get max compensation not just settle for say a 4th and a possible. Not when they have all the leverage in the deal. They could literally do nothing and be in the same position they’re now if he was to say he didn’t wanna play at all. 

Their leverage is paying 60mill for a guy to retire. How is that leverage.

It’s clear as day he never wants to play for GB again. Threw them under the bus the whole interview. So if he wants us. There’s 2 options. Take our offer and we alleviate some of that money you owe him. Or pay a guy 60mill to sit in the beach.

It’s GB overvaluing him and being cry babies about him leaving. They burnt the bridge. Take what you can.

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

If Jalen Carter is there at 13 you taking him? I would

I've been thinking about this for a minute. 

Him not being in shape is not a concern for me. Actually, I think it's happening from a form of depression. He was involved in a fatal street racing accident. I'm sure they were just having fun like most people his age, but he learned a really dark lesson. He wasn't drinking and I don't think he hit them. It was reckless driving and racing. If we took him, I do think Saleh is the perfect coach to support him mentally and I know JD will do his homework. So I would trust them and root for him. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Their leverage is paying 60mill for a guy to retire. How is that leverage.

It’s clear as day he never wants to play for GB again. Threw them under the bus the whole interview. So if he wants us. There’s 2 options. Take our offer and we alleviate some of that money you owe him. Or pay a guy 60mill to sit in the beach.

It’s GB overvaluing him and being cry babies about him leaving. They burnt the bridge. Take what you can.

They have to commit $40M(dead cap) to him whether they trade him or he retires. It’s only $60M if he plays for them and sits the bench, which he won’t. 

From our perspective of course we want them to cave and give in but they have no reason to right now. Rodgers won’t make it ugly especially after today where he made he clear he wants to leave so fans won’t be on his side.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

2 big guys we’ve lost out on with Jd doing only what he can do with SF C and now Cox

I'm going to be patient with this because there are 3 waves of free agency and about two stars traded because of contracts. We just need to free up the money and recruit.