2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

55 and 54 in completion percentage in first two years for Wilson is not good.    Daniel Jones the joke owns 61 as his lowest pct in NFL.

Carr or Garoppolo can help with it. Even Jackson.

It’s beyond the completion percentage. Things like situational awareness, pre snap processing, post snap processing, etc…

Josh Allen was 52% and 58% the moment he started attacking the defense it jumped, similar to what you saw with Jones this season under Daboll. It’s why I asked earlier about Saleh’s offensive approach, the 1-2-checkdown all game requires little to no room for error. You come out attacking teams and making them play on their heels, everything starts going in your favor offensively. That’s the approach I hope we take next season no matter who’s under center.

21 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Yeah but nfl teams know the second they send pressure he crumbles. That is unacceptable at this level of football. We’re talking about a grown man playing at the professional level here not a kid playing high school ball. I assume you watched the jags game and saw what happened right? And how it was all the lines fault? But here’s the thing streveler came in the game but didn’t get sacked once if I recall correctly. I’m not defending the line whatsoever but it can mean 2 things. Either #1 the line didn’t want to block for him which wouldn’t be shocking but I don’t think that’s it. Or #2 he just completely lost all confidence. Imo after the 3 pick New England game Zach was completely second guessing himself all season and was never the same. he had opportunities to get out of the pocket in that Jacksonville game but chose to just lay down when pressure came at him. His ability to escape pressure was supposed to be one of his strengths but I’m telling you after watching that Jacksonville game I truly believe it’s over and there’s no coming back. But as a jets fan for the past 20 years of my life I was so frustrated at his performance that I would be truly upset if there was any possibility of him starting next year (which I honestly believe there isn’t). You weren’t screaming at the tv during that game? It was an embarrassment watching him.

Screaming at my TV over a football game?

The line not wanting to block for him?

Streveler wasn’t sacked because MLF ran the ball with him, Jags weren’t prepared for that.

Either way you’re under the assumption I think Wilson had a good season, he didn’t. What I’m discussing currently is areas in which excelled and saying how can we get that more consistently. You don’t have to reply to every post saying he sucks, I get it by now. So again how can we get him more clean pockets and have him get the ball out in under 2.5 seconds more consistently?

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

It’s beyond the completion percentage. Things like situational awareness, pre snap processing, post snap processing, etc…

Josh Allen was 52% and 58% the moment he started attacking the defense it jumped, similar to what you saw with Jones this season under Daboll. It’s why I asked earlier about Saleh’s offensive approach, the 1-2-checkdown all game requires little to no room for error. You come out attacking teams and making them play on their heels, everything starts going in your favor offensively. That’s the approach I hope we take next season no matter who’s under center.

58 is the minimum for good raw statistic.  Also, Allen was able to score touchdowns. The combination of Wilson's 2 years could barely topple Allen's first year.

Saleh's plan may be backfire for Wilson's development as Mike LaFleur was unable to help Wilson out properly. That is why I am very curious about new OC.  

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

How about just watching the guys.

Wilson rarely looks like he belongs on the field.

Carr is a QB in the top 10-15 range. Where he gives you confidence under center that he knows what he’s doing. And produces. 

No one is watching. 

You know I’ll root for Carr. I just don’t see it being what we want it to be honestly. I think everyone is so focused on going all in next season and a playoff berth being acceptable. I want a 10 year run, I’d rather put in the work to get that personally. 

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

58 is the minimum for good raw statistic.  Also, Allen was able to score touchdowns. The combination of Wilson's 2 years could barely topple Allen's first year.

Saleh's plan may be backfire for Wilson's development as Mike LaFleur was unable to help Wilson out properly. That is why I am very curious about new OC.  

58% is acceptable? 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No one is watching. 

You know I’ll root for Carr. I just don’t see it being what we want it to be honestly. I think everyone is so focused on going all in next season and a playoff berth being acceptable. I want a 10 year run, I’d rather put in the work to get that personally. 

By why can’t Carr for 3-4 years and draft a mid round guy in 2024 or 2025 draft and develop that guy… not be a long term approach?

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

By why can’t Carr for 3-4 years and draft a mid round guy in 2024 or 2025 draft and develop that guy… not be a long term approach?

Possible too. I’m all for bringing Carr and a rookie and letting all 3 duel. 

I want the best guy to play, I don’t want an incumbent this coming season. I want the guy who starts week 1 to have earned it.

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Possible too. I’m all for bringing Carr and a rookie and letting all 3 duel. 

I want the best guy to play, I don’t want an incumbent this coming season. I want the guy who starts week 1 to have earned it.

I’d wait till next year to draft the developmental guy. Let Wilson serve as the backup. Most teams only carry 2 QBs.