2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Tannehill and Smith were never as bad as Wilson for starters. And they also aren't/weren't franchise QBs. Did they have some success? Of course. But I wouldn't call them these great QBs that are worth sticking it out for. The idea of holding onto Wilson and letting him start is to see if he's good under a new system and coaching correct? What has he done ever (I'll even go back to his college days) to warrant him getting another chance? Because he was drafted 2nd overall? That really shouldn't give him a shot just because of where he was drafted. It's a business of building a team and winning games. He harnesses back the other 52 guys on the roster.

I 100% am not on the boat of saying get rid of him. But he IMO should not start unless injury (which is how the season for him the last 6 games were, let's remember) and that was with Mike White at QB.

The idea of him beating out any QB worth a darn for me is laughable. They must be watching a different QB than I am.

Why do you think he can't improve under a new coach? We can only judge him based off of his experience with MLF. If he's a better QB come next season under a new coach why can't he play?

I think the absolutes are ridiculous. 

He MUST sit

He MUST only play because of injury

Just now, JetsandI said:

Smith was that bad.  I think it was Norv Turner that saved him from poor statistic but he become HC somewhere.

First year and 3rd year were awful.  2nd season was Turner's season as OC.   Let me recheck it.

Bobby acting like he watched Alex Smith during his first few years is hilarious. 

Alex Smith completion percentage by year in San Francisco

2005- 50.9%

2006- 58.1%

2007- 48.7%

2009- 60.5%

2010- 59.6%

2011- 61.3% Harbaugh

2012- 70.2% Harbaugh

2 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Smith was that bad.  I think it was Norv Turner that saved him from poor statistic but he become HC somewhere.

First year and 3rd year were awful.  2nd season was Turner's season as OC.   Let me recheck it.

Just checked yes Smith's rookie year was atrocious. In fact Smith wasn't worth a damn until his 7th season? You'd be kidding yourself if you think in New York Wilson could stay the starter doing what Smith did in SF for 7 years.

Let's also look at how small the sample size is for these examples. There's roughly 10 new QBs brought in the league every seaosn, yet we go back to the same handful of guys as examples that "things worked out in the end" Do you know how small those odds are that it clicks for Wilson and he becomes a franchise QB. You're talking less than probably 3%

1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah. it was a fact.

Tannehill played for Sherman in NCAA and then continued playing for him in Dolphins as OC. Statistically, he looked good I gave you that but whatever happened there it started to divide the team. Start with him or HC or new OC or defender's girlfriend's tweet.  wathever. 

Bottom line is that both can be work out just fine with right coach.   We have vacant OC so there is a chance for Wilson to turn around.  Otherwise, you can come back and remind us how idiotic we were.

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Bobby acting like he watched Alex Smith during his first few years is hilarious. 

Alex Smith completion percentage by year in San Francisco

2005- 50.9%

2006- 58.1%

2007- 48.7%

2009- 60.5%

2010- 59.6%

2011- 61.3% Harbaugh

2012- 70.2% Harbaugh

You acting like we'd ride it out with Wilson for 7 seasons for it to click for him....... HAHA

Just checked yes Smith's rookie year was atrocious. In fact Smith wasn't worth a damn until his 7th season? You'd be kidding yourself if you think in New York Wilson could stay the starter doing what Smith did in SF for 7 years.

Let's also look at how small the sample size is for these examples. There's roughly 10 new QBs brought in the league every seaosn, yet we go back to the same handful of guys as examples that "things worked out in the end" Do you know how small those odds are that it clicks for Wilson and he becomes a franchise QB. You're talking less than probably 3%

I understand the fear of poor timing but it is JD's team and he sticks with Wilson until any further change.

You acting like we'd ride it out with Wilson for 7 seasons for it to click for him....... HAHA

And not to mention that Alex smith was never even as good as carr at any point in his career. His San Fran team he went to the nfc title game with was ridiculously stacked and then he got benched for kaepernick the next year

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Why do you think he can't improve under a new coach? We can only judge him based off of his experience with MLF. If he's a better QB come next season under a new coach why can't he play?

I think the absolutes are ridiculous. 

He MUST sit

He MUST only play because of injury

Do you know him playing better is still one of the worst starting QBs in the league? When you're statistically the worst starting QB in the NFL... there's only 1 way to go.

It is absolutes if you actually listen to the FO. The owner, GM and HC all saying a big upgrade at QB will happen is getting ignored by some. The whole FO isn't saying Zach is their guy and he deserves a chance at starting next year. It's literally the opposite. It's we'll do everything we can to upgrade there. Only quotes positive for Wilson are from him. Saying he'll make whoever is brought in's life hell. Which is a great attitude. But fact is. Based on everything we've seen from him. Anyone brought in whos good. Beats him out by a mile.