2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

9 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

The Packers have a better all-around team than we do, and they are not even top 3 Super Bowl contenders. Hell they weren't even when they had Davante.

Anyone expecting Rodgers to improve upon last season here with us is going to be sorely disappointed. And if you call GB's o-line a revolving door, I have no idea what that makes us. 

The idea of mortgaging premium draft capital makes me sick.

RB: I’ll say even. A healthy Hall, Carter and Knight can hang with Jones and Dillon. Especially if we upgrade the OL like I imagine we do. Heck we might even get their LT.

WR: I’ll take our group right now. Now I think our group will change and we likely cut Davis. I’ll continue to say that GW will be a top 10 WR at worst with Rodgers at QB. Moore would do great and I imagine we’d get someone good for the other outside spot. Maybe even Lazard.

TE: I think we have a huge advantage here with Conklin and Uzo.

OL: yes they have a better group. But our healthy OL is legit and assuming we add a guy or 2. We are in good shape there.

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m surprised how many on this board are all in on Rodgers. But then again this entire place was all in on Zach Wilson too

Eventually they have to do something right 

If you think about it it’s exactly what we should do IMO. We need to get that winning culture in this team. Wilson isn’t providing that. And we can’t get any star QB that’s still young. We’ve had 0 luck in the draft drafting high. For countless reasons. Whether it be just drafting the wrong guy. Not giving the guy any weapons. Not protecting them. Poor OC. Etc.

So try something different. Go get the proven guy and draft a guy in the mid rounds and develop them. Try something different. And while that young guy learns. The other 51 guys are just getting used to a winning culture and getting better 

The good news is that there are at least 3 options at QB that can give above average play when healthy.  So we're likely coming away with someone that can give us a chance.  I'm interested in seeing how much money JD can free up to handle our other needs. 

26 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

The Packers have a better all-around team than we do, and they are not even top 3 Super Bowl contenders. Hell they weren't even when they had Davante.

Anyone expecting Rodgers to improve upon last season here with us is going to be sorely disappointed. And if you call GB's o-line a revolving door, I have no idea what that makes us. 

The idea of mortgaging premium draft capital makes me sick.

Is that a joke?! We went into their stadium and battered them. How are they better?? 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

Is that a joke?! We went into their stadium and battered them. How are they better?? 

We started 7-4 and ended 0-6.

Packers started 4-8 and controlled their destiny heading into week 18.

We caught them at a good time. Also that should be a testament to the fact that Rodgers isn't what he used to be. Father time is undefeated.

4 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

We started 7-4 and ended 0-6.

Packers started 4-8 and controlled their destiny heading into week 18.

We caught them at a good time. Also that should be a testament to the fact that Rodgers isn't what he used to be. Father time is undefeated.

From player to player I would take our roster over theirs. That’s not a homer thing that’s just my take. Obviously putting Rodgers on our team would also make our already gifted players (Wilson, Breece, Moore) even better just like he’s made Jones, Lazard and others. 

2 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Yeah that’s true. Maybe he’d be worth keeping if his special teams play was like that of 2021 but last year he just regressed I feel. 

If we cut him, Davis, Lawson,  and Brown.  We should be close to $38m in cap space if I'm not mistaken.  Also, $112M+ in cap space the following year. We can add some great players by loading the back end of the deals we offer free agents.  

9 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

From player to player I would take our roster over theirs. That’s not a homer thing that’s just my take. Obviously putting Rodgers on our team would also make our already gifted players (Wilson, Breece, Moore) even better just like he’s made Jones, Lazard and others. 

I would probably take our skill players & Q as far as position by position but rest of team I would probably take them.