2023 Off-season Talk

Bobby816

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, I think that trade package I mentioned several pages back is more than fair.  It's either going to cost less in terms of value now, or more in the future.

Exactly. Not sure we swap picks. But I see it as a 2nd and conditional pick in 2024 that maybe can go to a 1st if all the stars align. In that case we had a great season 

45 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

The difference is the cost of doing business. If “competent” QB play would have had the Jets in the playoffs why mortgage your future for a guy who’s almost 40 and will probably only be around a year? Take the younger guy, who’s proven to be able to lead his teams the playoffs without giving up picks. Simple. 

For 2 2nd rounders let’s say. I’m doing that all day. Unless the angle for getting Jimmy G is knowing he’ll get hurt and bum Wilson gets somehow another lifeline.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

For 2 2nd rounders let’s say. I’m doing that all day. Unless the angle for getting Jimmy G is knowing he’ll get hurt and bum Wilson gets somehow another lifeline.

You mention Zach Wilson far too much to continue having discussions about other players lol. 

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Only to you bc you’re the only person I know that still has any faith in him.

I haven’t mentioned him so it’s irrelevant to the discussion. I can say anything without you adding him to the discussion.

Sign Jimmy G instead of trading premium picks for Aaron Rodgers doesn’t warrant a Zach Wilson sucks reply. At all. Yet every time I say something you repeat that. 

26 minutes ago, xrade said:

So $15.2M in 2023. What about 2024 and beyond?

49m injury gtd for 2024. It can become fully gtd by deadline in 2024.  After that, none is gtd.

Please to understand that Rodgers has 58.3m to be picked up for 2023 so Jets will have to convert that into 4 years which is 14.6m per thus 15.8m for 2023 will be his cap charge.  If Jets decide to add one year voidable year to lower 2023 cap charge.

4 years = 14.6m (round up)

5 years = 11.7m

2023 charge will be consist of 1.2m base salary and 14.6m prorated bonus = 15.8m

2023 charge will be consist of 1.2m base salary and 11.7m prorated bonus = 12.9m

Entering 2024 soap opera.

Rodgers quits without any injury right away, 43.75m dead money will count against 2024 cap. However, Rodgers and Jets can wait until June to make an official announcement.  14.575 against 2024 and 29.15 against 2025.

Same math as his quit if Jets dump healthy Rodgers before cashing in 49m.

If Rodgers fails physical exam for 2024, he takes 49m.  Jets have to convert that into years to lower his 2024 charge.  14.6 plus new prorated bonus plus base salary of 2024.

Bottom line his 2 option bonuses are threatening Jets' salary cap plan if something's wrong.

Edited by JetsandI

Carr situation is getting tricky. He has $40M guaranteed the third day after the SB and I haven't heard anything about the Raiders giving Carr permission to speak to other teams yet. Maybe the Raiders are fielding offers first before getting him involved. He'll either be cut or traded before then.