Chrono Trigger Mafia (Lavos and Magus wins!)

"Eventually linking the creation of Lavos to a sorcerer named Magus waging war against humanity in 600 AD, the group set off to confront him before he could set the events that led to the end of the world in motion..."

From the OP. And now that he’s found his person he’s out to trigger the end of the world. 

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Somebody ( @MWil23) has the ability to convert someone, and may have already used it last night.

What? I absolutely did not. Deadpulse has basically been memeing in thread about looking for Schala, said he found her, it triggered a Black Hole killing ability, and that almost certainly means he’s converted her to trigger events that lead to the end of the world in motion per the OP.

I’m not familiar at all with this lore but a black hole sounds pretty bad to me, especially when per the OP he’s literally summoning Lavos.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

VC

The Orca - 4 - [Deadpulse], [Ragnarok], RandyMossIsBoss, Scoundrel

Deadpulse - 3 - [MWil23], 11sanchez11, The Orca

11sanchez11 - -1 - ???

This is from ET's autopsy:

On 1/9/2023 at 2:44 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Dalton
Origin: 12,000 BC (Antiquity)
PAEAvmC.png
"I've got a bad feeling about this. All my work will be in vain if I expire before I'm immortal!" - Dalton

You are aligned with the Kingdom of Dalton: Eliminate the Zeal Kingdom and Demon King factions while surviving until the end of the game. You are a threat to Earth before the required fractions are eliminated, but not afterwards.

So, the Zeal Kingdom is in blue and now blue is showing up on the VC in a hidden mechanic.

Per Wiki: Queen Zeal and her three gurus, Belthasar, Melchior, and Gaspar attempted to summon Lavos to gain greater power from it.

More importantly, Magus is known by his birth name JANUS ZEAL, HEIR TO THE KINGDOM OF ZEAL, and is a main character and boss/antagonist.

So yeah, Deadpulse almost certainly converted Schala/someone to his faction and triggered the Zeal Kingdom.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

This is from ET's autopsy:

So, the Zeal Kingdom is in blue and now blue is showing up on the VC in a hidden mechanic.

Per Wiki: Queen Zeal and her three gurus, Belthasar, Melchior, and Gaspar attempted to summon Lavos to gain greater power from it.

More importantly, Magus is known by his birth name JANUS ZEAL, HEIR TO THE KINGDOM OF ZEAL, and is a main character and boss/antagonist.

So yeah, Deadpulse almost certainly converted Schala/someone to his faction and triggered the Zeal Kingdom.

So, Scoundrel claimed Melchior, so I would almost bet good money that Deadpulse found Schala, triggered the Kingdom of Zeal, and is cult that is going to continue to recruit people to his alignment. He's probably a limited cult and can get Belthasar, Melchior, and Gaspar as well.

@RandyMossIsBoss I think someone messed with you on the recruitment portion/conversion portion, unless you are Belthasar or Gaspar...in which case, I'm immediately suspicious here. Have you been recruited?

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I feel like multiple scum remaining, especially with a cult, would make this game neigh unwinnable. We’ve lynched scum 4 out of 6 days and vigged one. 

My head is completely spinning here. I can't see having such a powerful single scum faction and I know that Nacho likes multi-ball games, so perhaps it's more of eliminating "threats" at this point. I'm not familiar with the lore.

1 minute ago, Whicker said:

It just makes too much sense that Deadpulse is 3rd party threat

Lying about a killing ability, especially after triggering finding another, screams building up another scum type faction to me. I think he's a limited converter...maybe needs to find Schala first and then can recruit people. Scoundrel is the most cleared player here aside from maybe you or Sanchez, but that also means he's been able to hide in plain sight for a few days since ET's death.

I think we were preoccupied with the "threat to town" on ET and just let DP skate up until this point, taking him at his word on his win con.

He very well may need Pink dead to fulfill that, but there's something else he'd hiding and has hidden here.

and Lavos is done for 

Let's hope that this is the case

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

My head is completely spinning here. I can't see having such a powerful single scum faction and I know that Nacho likes multi-ball games, so perhaps it's more of eliminating "threats" at this point. I'm not familiar with the lore.

I’m with you. 

I just don’t see how there’s 7 scum and Nacho can call this game balanced. The formula I was taught when I first began designing games was 4(scum) + 1 = # of players. So if I made a game this size I would consider 5+1 scum to be the absolute upper limit available to me. I could see 4/2 or 4/1/1 but 13:7 town to scum sounds legitimately unreasonable. Obviously Nacho can do what he wants but you have to give town more than two mislynches in a game IMO

I’m with you. 

I just don’t see how there’s 7 scum and Nacho can call this game balanced. The formula I was taught when I first began designing games was 4(scum) + 1 = # of players. So if I made a game this size I would consider 5+1 scum to be the absolute upper limit available to me. I could see 4/2 or 4/1/1 but 13:7 town to scum sounds legitimately unreasonable. Obviously Nacho can do what he wants but you have to give town more than two mislynches in a game IMO

Which, IMO, is why a limited cult COULD fit. Say, per your ratio, that you have something like:

20 Players

4 Lavos, main red scum faction

1 yellow, completely survival Indy

x pink, completely survival faction Indy

1 Orange, kind of a threat to town but only as long as purple is alive

1 purple, limited cult, needs to find a single specific player, then once that happens, it triggers more limited cult with the 3 players above that I listed per the wiki page, which then:

...triggers x blue, culted Indy, Purple ceases to exist.

So considering 5:1 Town to Scum would be a bit OP, you have another kind of threat in Orange, plus another viable threat in purple to make it a 10:3 ratio, factoring in the pink and yellow alignments would be able to swing either way.

I really don't ever run many games or games like this, but the ratio would seem to be reasonable

Just spitballing here.

• Like 1